Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am planning to develop a small web based software that will convert our service manual maintenance schedule into a web based maintenance tracking system where we can set events for our maintenance, maintain trackdays schedule and maintain maintenance schedule. I haven't yet started on this project. I am trying pique the interest of fellow riders and want to gauge if it worthwhile to pursue such a project.

Obviously, all of you know by now that I am a software engineer by profession.

Let the comments flow !!!!

PS: This will be a free service.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Ain't gonna pay for it. Use it, yes.

·
C.F.A. member / whore
1,693 Posts
sounds like an excel spreadsheet to me, but perhaps you could develop the idea and integrate it into the nav/ vehicle display of cars (something more than just a light that comes on). i think it would help those who don't understand maint. issues and especially intervals!

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
I like the idea. Set it up like Billmonk or similar. Make it so that you get email alerts when a maintenance item is upcoming. Let the user specify a mean average of mileage as well (and an option to input absolute mileage). Put google ads in the margins to generate some revenue.

·
Registered
743 Posts
lol, they already have things like this, you can just get an already done php script or another in the language of choice and slightly modify it... why reinvent the wheel?

·
Registered
743 Posts
P.S. If you are serious about doing so, just do it. IT shouldn't take more than a couple hours even with an sql database... I'd only do it out of boredom.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts