Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been dwelling a bit on my "deal" for the CBR since I got it last week. I think it is just a bit of buyers guilt, but who knows. So here's the story. I had a 2002 Yamaha FZ1 that I had to finance last year. I got it for $4500 which I thought was a good deal at the time. It only had 2500 miles on it. Well last weekend, I get a call from my stepdad saying there was a 2005 CBR600rr at the Harley Dealership. They were asking $4500 for it. Well, I still owed about $3600 on the FZ1 but decided to go ahead and trade it in and pick up the CBR since it has been my dream bike since the first one came out in 03. Well after all things are said in done, I walked out the door financing $6500 on a 72 month term. I don't plan on taking the entire 6 years to pay this thing off, but was wondering what you all thought about the deal. I am happier than a pig in mud, but just wanted to see what everyone else thinks. Oh yea, the CBR only had 3250 miles on it, so it was practically brand new. Had a micron slip on, fender eliminator and flush mount signals. Discuss.

Skoot

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think it's too much, but if your happy whats and extra few payments for a bike you wanted? Financing $5000-6000 would have been about right.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, that's kinda the way I looked at it. Plus I work on commission, so I figured triple up on a few payments and be safe on value vs. loss if something were to happen. I don't want to be stuck under a big pile of nonsense if things were to ever hit the fan.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I think you paid too much. I got an 04 with 1326 miles on it for $3500. All it had was a few scratches on the left mid fairing.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
why dwell on it now, you got the bike you want. lots of people cant get the bike they really want and have to settle, so enjoy it and stay safe!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Carbon. I think the thing that people missed was that I owed $3600 on my other bike. They paid that bike off and I had to finance the difference of their asking price. Oh well. I'm happy, got what I've wanted, I really don't let money worry me because like I have said in another thread, you only get one chance at this thing called life, you aren't garaunteed tomorrow, enjoy what you have today.

Skoot

·
Registered
121 Posts
Break it down... FZ1 was worth probably $3000 trade in so you're starting in the hole at -$600 plus $4500 for the RR. If you paid tax, you would only pay it on the difference between the trade in and the new bike so ~$150. Tags probably $100. Did you finance $6500 or is that what the total will be after the 72 months? If you financed that, they got ya for about $1000. If that is what you will be paying after the 72 months is up, you did good because thats only 7.75 % interest on a used bike. Either way, you're gonna pay up when you don't have the cash. Take it as a semi expensive lesson to pay off and sell the first bike if you want to get the best deal on your next one. Plus you said it yourself
since it has been my dream bike since the first one came out in 03
don't try to put a price tag on happiness- ride that mofo and that remorse will melt away pretty quickly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts