Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With all the hate talk about the new RR, I'm curious: What DO you like about the RR? Here's what I like:

1. I like the taillight on the mudflap. If it ever becomes a track bike, I won't need some crappy second rate fender eliminator. Just take off the whole light assembly.

2. I like how thin it looks around the tank. Reminds me of a Ducati. No bike to date has been able to copy the thinness, except maybe the Triumph 675.

3. I like the stock HESD.

4. I like the magnesium engine casing, shorter, LIGHTER engine.

5. I like that it makes more power and the power:weight ratio is best in class.

6. And the more I look at it, the more I like the fairing design; it has more function and is probably better for the overall cooling of the engine bay.

7. Oh, and I like the ram air in the front of the nose. Kawi knew it from the very beginning that was the most effective way to feed air into the engine to make monster power. Yami picked it up with the R6. Honda knew it going in with the RC51. It's about FREAKING time we got it on the RR.

Here's what I'm anticipating:

1. A look at the new compact instrumentation.

2. Final specs on the bike.

3. A 600 shoot out that leaves the competition in the dust!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I like almost everything about the bike except how it looks in the front and back. The ram air duct in the front, combined with the size and shape of the headlights, look a bit awkward to me. I also don't like how the taillight looks. Functional for track, yes, but still not crazy about how it looks.

·
Brown at your service
3,493 Posts
I am in love with the bike the only thing I don't like about it is no solid color schemes.

K

·
0 Posts
vizsladog44 said:
They dont race 600cc street bikes in Motogp
Nope. but i'm such a sad waste of flesh... i don't even know what sizes the DO run in MotoGP... i do know it's NOT 600cc.

there are two AMA 600cc championchips though:

AMA Formula Extreme (Super modified 600cc)
AMA SuperSport (Factory 600cc I4 and [i think] 1300cc Pushrod V-Twins)

I'm not 100% sure about that last bit about pushrod engines.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't agree that the average street rider needs a slipper clutch. Most of the advantage of a slipper clutch is for those who can't smoothly make their downshifts before a turn. Honestly, steering dampers, traction control, slipper clutches are technologies added to bikes to correct rider error, in the same way, ABS is. Nothing's faster than being smooth. These technologies just help the unsmooth seem smooth.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,791 Posts
this bike will dominate WSS racing in the years to come, Yamaha can only dream in winning the WSS crown unless they have Rossi piloting the R6.

+1 on the slipper clutch, it still won't make up for poor riding skills but a big plus for the steering damper, does any 600cc bike in the market have 'em as well?

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
You can see the pics on the Honda website

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No 600 has a standard damper like the one the CBR has.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
i like how the new exhaust looks...blends in with the tail more...i also do like that it is lighter and more powerful...im interested to see the new gauge cluster...i was just gonna ask where the brake light is...cuz its not visable in the tail...but i thought it was in the mud flap...technically, this bike is awesome...but aesthetically...leaves much to be desired...maybe itll grow on me or when i see it in person ill like it...but right now im glad i have my 06...oh yeah i love the pearl white color too

·
Registered
813 Posts
I never felt the need for a steering damper on these bikes. They're so [email protected] stable, but the extra insurance is good. I rode a friends r6 and the bar input felt so light i felt like i was riding a bicycle, and it was so twitchy when leaned over. I'd really like to test ride one of these 07's.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Performance gains is about it for me which don't get me wrong is a good thing but where the hell is the slipper clutch!? In the looks dept., failure...

Jason

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Slipper clutch isn't necessary for the average Joe Schmoe rider. In another post, I said the slipper clutch is a technology that manufacturers have developed to smooth out rider error, much like ABS is in a car. Slipper clutch, steering damper, traction control, etc., are all AIDS to help the UNsmooth rider SEEM smooth. But nothing is faster than just BEING smooth to begin with!

As far as the damper is concerned, it's MORE of a necessity on the 2007 RR because the rake is steeper and the overall wheelbase is shorter. With that kind of geometry, expect the bike to turn and flick very quickly. But at the same time, with a steeper geometry, head shake is always a possibility. Damper is a good idea, particularly when you put a bike this in the hands of a noob (which will inevitably happen).

That being said, no one's commented on how THIN the bike is around the tank. That's an INCREDIBLE improvement. Have you ever ridden a Ducati? Thin is good!

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mang, the more I talk about the bike, the more I love it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts