Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has most likely already been discussed here, but I’m curious what it is that you like about this particular bike.

I would imagine that for most of us on here, the RR is not the only bike in the garage and certainly not the first or only bike or brand owned.
So why does it deserve to stay?

Recently I have rekindled my like for my 600 and for me personally it’s the reliability of them.

I don’t get a lot of time in my life, b/w a corporate job and the amount of travel it requires, wife, kids at school with sports, property development on the side, gym and some social life, time wise I am tapped out.
So most of my bikes don’t get started for months or even years and when they do, they can be at real pain in the arse to get fired up.
Not the RR thought, whether it has been sitting in the garage not touched for a year or more, same fuel in it from god knows when, battery not on trickle or anything, or whether it has just been ran on Bech Road in 45 C degree weather, wave your thumb over the start button and it fires into life on the dot.
No cranking, no f*****g about, it fires up instantly every time no matter what.
I love that about this bike.

What is it in particular that you like about your 600RR?

·
Registered
31 Posts
i have a termi exhaust so i love the noise

also when you get it bang on, leaning around a corner

the weight

the brakes, especially now with new honda pads

starting up on the button after its been sat dormant for a while

·
Registered
149 Posts
No cage, no windshield, no seatbelt. Nearly instant throttle response. Incredibly fast. And I can park it on my porch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Lots to like about the 600RR:
Lightweight
Sharp handling
Undertail exhaust with Yoshi pipe sounds great
Electronic steering damper
Super smooth power band
Bloody reliable
Strong ABS brakes (on mine)
Very cheap second hand
Good luck finding another bike that ticks all these boxes for the price.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
I really like the solid feel from the frame/fork, having some experience with older bikes with 30mm fork stanchions and steel tube frames, the cbr's frame/front end feel is awesome once suspension is dialed in.

Motor pulls like a mad beast throughout the upper half of the rpm range.

These are very well designed bikes, but they're so compact in design that I occasionally need my daughters help to get access to something buried under the tank. The complexities of the bike make working on it somewhat tedious....but it's a super solid design.
Reliable and durable, no cheesy parts.
(2009 year w/ 55K miles so far)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts