Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love to listen to Mitch Murder when I'm riding. 80s style just seems right when I'm cruising along. Some people say listening to music is a distraction on the road...thoughts, comments?

·
Premium Member
3,655 Posts
Metal new and old. Mushroomhead, LOG, ATR, FFDP and Otep.... Throw in some older Overkill, Testament and then Volbeat, 3 Doors Down, Rammstein, and Rage against the Machine for variety.

I need to update it.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Rarely sometimes I'll listen to techno/rapcore/metal/rock. I do find music to be distracting, but sometimes I'll enjoy some music on a much longer ride somewhere not around town. The earbuds will muzzle the exhaust so I'm not deaf after riding the expressway too. Most of the time I'm not paying attention to anything but the riding.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I listen to whatever sound my earplugs can't block

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I always found it odd how people think it's any different than listening to music in your car

It's not any different. But the truth is when you're driving a car music can be just as distracting as it is when you ride. Not to mention the fact that most people wear ear buds that are naturally noise canceling there's a reason it's illegal and it's not just cause we are a bunch of hooligans kids and they don't like all of our "rock music".

I can attest to just how entranced you can get when driving in traffic. Combination of exhaustion after a long day at work, music to occupy the mind and the monotony of traffic. When riding, just a millisecond of a delay in reaction can be the difference between life and death. That's not a risk I take.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I always found it odd how people think it's any different than listening to music in your car
Exactly what Ldn said. I too think that I have to stay much more cautious on my bike than in my car. Slight mistakes in car won't do any harm but same on a bike could be life or death. Not that I have never done it, I used to but I quit.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I listen to classic rock, newish rock and some choice rap. One headphone in, one out. That way I can hear music and my surroundings.

·
Registered
720 Posts
It's not any different. But the truth is when you're driving a car music can be just as distracting as it is when you ride. Not to mention the fact that most people wear ear buds that are naturally noise canceling there's a reason it's illegal and it's not just cause we are a bunch of hooligans kids and they don't like all of our "rock music".

I can attest to just how entranced you can get when driving in traffic. Combination of exhaustion after a long day at work, music to occupy the mind and the monotony of traffic. When riding, just a millisecond of a delay in reaction can be the difference between life and death. That's not a risk I take.

Very very good point, but I am genuinely curious about your opinion on speakers instead of ear buds, if it changes at all. Example, any cruiser you see around with built in audio ect ect

·
Registered
30 Posts
Memphis May Fire, August Burns Red, Sublime w/ Rome, 311, etc etc.

For me, listening to music while riding, keeps me more concentrated and alert.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts