Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the short while Ive been biking, other people have started coming out of the wood work with bikes and asking for rides and what ever, but what I found interesting is how they percieve their affection for their mounts. (i like that word, live with it) For some its a lover, others its a child, sibling, or just a bike, it goes faster when I turn the righthand handle. The latter people are usually boring and I can see them sellign their bike for a mini van when some girl/man whips them into a family. Just a guess anyways.

Anyways, I might aswell start with my self.

I have a nice little 600rr7, first street bike, btu a history of recreational motorcross. I rode a bike in the mud. Hoo ahh. So I never really thought much of getting a street bike, it was a bike. ANd how was I wrong. It was like being a teenager again, and getting your first girl friend. The nervousness (keep in mind its my first street bike and biggest cc bike) mixed with excitement, fading into the constant desire to be on it as much as possible. ~cough~ So shes my little asian mistress, much to teh awkward dissapproving and somewhat jealous glares of the gf. So, to me its more lover than anything else.

How about you?

S

·
0 Posts
He was spost to be just a commuter bike when gas prices peaked and it was $100 to fill my gas tank. But over the past two years I see em as my one true love, who lets me free to do what / when I want and never gives me a hard time about it :thumbup:

·
Registered
448 Posts
i love my bike. i havent been on anything but honda. Well ive been on other bikes but not long enough to tell you about them.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
love my bike. Still fast enough for me and has the right amount of power

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I love my bike and my wife has begun to glare at it. I keep telling her I'll wake up early for her to but she needs to give me a reason.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Got one for the street one for the track. My bikes are my life. I have what some would call an "un-healthy" obsession with my bikes and bike riding/racing in general. They're almost all I think/talk about, they've changed my life and me as a person in a dramatic way; where I used to be lazy and unmotivated, now I am focused, confident and extremely driven to succeed so I can afford more/better motorcycles and racing.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
He was spost to be just a commuter bike when gas prices peaked and it was $100 to fill my gas tank. But over the past two years I see em as my one true love, who lets me free to do what / when I want and never gives me a hard time about it :thumbup:
yea til your bike battery dies and/or you cant figure out why it wont start. :crackup:

its just a motorcycle to me. oh and btw honda sucks! :fyou:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Definitely obsessed... My wife refers to her as my "Mistress" to all of our family and friends... My grades (college) have actually slipped the past month or so as a direct result of the purchase of my 06rr. In search of some motivation to re-apply myself to my studies, I have managed to convince my wife to agree to a separate garage solely for my future bikes! (my plan is to have 3) The catch is that I have to have a larger income. She will have a masters in accounting, and I will have a masters in CS, so it's gonna be close... but we'll see. I say worst case scenario, there wont be room in the main garage for her car... :ciao:

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I love my girls. :eek:hyeah:

While I enjoy groups rides and friends, what I enjoy most is the solitude. My mind is constantly on full tilt and doing nothing really drives me nutts. Riding stimulates my mind and helps me sleep, much like math does... only better.

Taking a corner on a bike that has a tuned suspension is like a physical extension of my body, allowing me to get one of the most thrilling experiences in the world.

I enjoy it so much so, that I want to share the experience with as many people as I can in life.

The only thing that would come close to such an experience is flying, which is the next thing on my to do list after I finish school. :eek:hyeah:

The 600 is pure hottness. She's the girl everyone looks at and imagines being with. A total fantasy and never disappoints. :eek:hyeah:

The 900 is the naughty house wife. She doesn't always look as hot as the 600, though she is a firecracker to ride. She does everything harder and faster. :spank:

Peace,

Gabe

·
Registered
107 Posts
I love my bike because it equals freedom. I love riding solo and letting my mind wander, no one to tell you were to turn, you're going to fast, or anything.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Being on two wheels is my life. I work only so that I can continue to ride, both bicycles and motorcycles. I am 23 and have never been behind the wheel of a car/truck, and plan on holding true to that for as long as I can. Riding is what I look forward to doing all day, and all night. I use it for recreation, transportation, stress relief, you name it. I originally bought it to be a toy, and not a taxi, but unfortunately it's been getting ridden to work pretty often lately. I need a beater bike...or another RR, lol. Either way, being on the bike focuses my mind and body, forcing them to work in unison to achieve the common goals of going faster, leaning further, braking deeper, accelerating harder, and altogether being a better rider. I have never found anything else that is so immediately satisfying and rewarding as this, and will never give it up.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
In the short while Ive been biking, other people have started coming out of the wood work with bikes and asking for rides and what ever, but what I found interesting is how they percieve their affection for their mounts. (i like that word, live with it) For some its a lover, others its a child, sibling, or just a bike, it goes faster when I turn the righthand handle. The latter people are usually boring and I can see them sellign their bike for a mini van when some girl/man whips them into a family. Just a guess anyways.
I'd say that's off base. Some people just don't get attached to mass produced dime-a-dozen machines that can easily be replaced.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My red 07 is my 3rd bike, and by far favourite. I'm so at ease riding it, the riding position is on the money for my body, I can ride comfortably for hours and hours. I'm not going to swap out anything for aftermarket parts, I like it the way it is. If something were to happen to it *knock on wood* I would get another just like it.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
i love mine because its my sense of pride and my escape from everyday life. it drives me both physically and mentally. there is nothing like riding a sportbike and making it your own is part of the fun too

1 - 20 of 40 Posts