Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just went through the specs for the new kawi 6RR/636. It seems that it has every kind of modification we would want in a 600 supersport, (slipper clutch, USD forks, radial brakes, etc.) . No doubt that Yamaha, Honda, and Suzuki will be following suit. What else can future 600 supersports offer? It really blows my mind to see what kind of bikes are coming out these days.

So I'll start if off, I'm thinking maybe bigger radiators, and more titanium components.

(BTW, I'll be reposting this topic on BARF.)

C

·
0 Posts
Yeah, a Ti exhaust would be nice,
and steering damper,
and steel brake lines,
and Mag rims,
and custom springs (fronts and rear),
520 chain w/ gearing aimed towards more torque,
a programable ECU. Just to name a few... :roll:

·
Registered
392 Posts
cvlighthouse said:
Yeah, a Ti exhaust would be nice,
coulda swore our exhaust was Titanium, but thats just me. . .

yeah a 20lb-30lb diet is about the only thing i can think of. . . bigger brakes maybe, never hurts to have better brakes.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
eRacer777 said:
A slipper clutch and a 20 lbs diet...
I'm not only talking about the 600RR. I was referring to all the 600s. The already kawi has a slipper clutch. What can the manufacturers throw on a production 600 bike that they haven't already done yet?

cvlighthouse is on the right track.

keep em coming guys...imagine one day going into the dealership and buying a bike that needs absolutely no aftermarket mods.

·
Registered
35 Posts
-30 lbs.. this will make the existing brakes more effective too
slipper clutch
Ti exhaust
upside down forks
a color we havent seen before from honda

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
1. Better Stock Tire. and Rims
2. Crouse control.
3. lap timers
4. Slipper clutch is a MOST.
5. more Torque.
6. adjustable suspension

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hot Rod said:
coulda swore our exhaust was Titanium, but thats just me. . .
If it were Ti, it would have to be the heaviest titanium ive ever felt...
I would like to see integrated lap timers (a la zx-10r I believe), USD Forks (w/radial mounted brakes of course), ss brake lines and a damper stock. Possible a 2 or 3 way rear suspension, but that might be asking too much.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
fm5150 said:
I believe they are called Ducati's, or maybe just Italian made :smile:
but imagine not having that pricetag and maintenance headache.

I totally forgot about the lap timers. The 520 chain would be good too.

kenezzite, a slipper clutch replaces the conventional clutch, it "slips" under hard downshifting regulating the rear wheel so it doesn't skip around when your diving into a corner.

Was the kawi the first production bike to have it as a stock component?

I saw this on barf. What if they started offering option packages?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I want better fasteners! I hate plastic fairing fasteners!!!!! quick release rims like at Daytona, adjustable speedometers for gearing changes. I want to be able to go from street to track in less than ten minutes. Make all the turn signals clip off, headlights/tailights pull out and have an insert to put in its place, liscense plate holder/rear fender easier to remove. Another good thing would be to have all the proper bolts pre-drilled for safety wire. Figure out how to make it to where we can change the oil without removing any fairings/overflow resivoirs. (know what I mean) Adjustable rear sets and clip ons would be nice also.

·
Registered
919 Posts
...imagine one day going into the dealership and buying a bike that needs absolutely no aftermarket mods.

I believe they are called Ducati's, or maybe just Italian made
[/quote]
Sorry this bike does not nor willit ever exsist. Since the Govt mandates many items on bikes. An no it wouldnt even be a Duc, unless you want to pay more money fo r less HP, less performance and allot more weight.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Coyote said:
imagine one day going into the dealership and buying a bike that needs absolutely no aftermarket mods.
Well, THAT'S not fun!!!! :razz:

A big part of the enjoyment is making our bikes uniquely our own.

I was having a conversation with Jimmy Lin (AFM#756) the other day and telling him how I had debated between massively upgrading my last bike, an SV650, or selling it to to get the 600RR. I told him I made by final decision based on the fact that even if I spent the $2000+ to mod the SV, it still woudn't be as good a bike as the stock RR.

To which he replied...."and so you bought the RR, and you spent $2000+ on mods anyway!"

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

So true.

Yep, it doesn't matter how technologically advanced a bike is when it rolls off the showroom floor...most of us are still gonna find some reason to mod it.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
<cheese>Cupholders!</cheese>

hehe but seriously

- I'd have to say softer seat (like the corbin), at least for street riding
- always been a fan of dual filiment bulbs instead of having to listen to "hey, you've got a headlight out!" all damn day
- definately slipper clutch
- oem throttle lock would be nice but would never happen
- dual pipes

1 - 20 of 30 Posts