Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of the following situation?

So I think I am in the market for a used RR. This guy is selling his 2003 RR. I haven’t seen the bike in person so I have been going from the photographs that my friend took for me. As from what you can see in the pictures that I attached to this thread, the bike has been laid down. The left-hand side fairing is scratched and cracked, the plastic on the tail is toast, the left-hand side passenger peg is done, and on top of all that I don’t think the bike has been started in around a year and a half. The bike is filthy and has been without a doubt neglected. Supposedly my friend talked to the kid that is selling it and the guy made a left hand turn at a low speed and tried to put his knee down or something and the bike slipped out from under him. When it slipped out it slid into a parked van on the side of the street and that’s why the right hand side peg is cracked.

So my question: Do you think that bike was laid down hard enough to bend the rear tail frame or damage anything else that I should be worried about? Take a look at the photo from behind the toy. The tail light has been torqued out of place. This is because the plastic on the tail is cracked and not because the frame is bent out of shape right? My friend said he tried to push the tail back into place and it wasn’t budging. My friend is a wimp (just kidding) so maybe he didn’t push it hard enough. What do I know.

The bike has 4k miles on it.

I am going to hopefully get some more information this week when I get in touch with the owner.

Knowing what I know and from what you can see in the pictures, would you purchase this bike and if so then how much would you purchase it for?

Please, any suggestions or comments are welcomed and are appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I'd say good chance the subframe is tweaked.

dotn know what I'd pay for it but I'd start with a list of parts and price them on ronayers.com (fairings and subframe alone will reduce the price considerably). check that it has a clean title, not salvage. Personally, I'd walk away for anything above $2500.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
pantablo said:
I'd say good chance the subframe is tweaked.

dotn know what I'd pay for it but I'd start with a list of parts and price them on ronayers.com (fairings and subframe alone will reduce the price considerably). check that it has a clean title, not salvage. Personally, I'd walk away for anything above $2500.
+1. I'd take it somewhere professional as well and have them check things out.

Lol...the duct tape is a nice touch. Wonder if that is genuine Honda duct tape or generic.

I definitely wouldnt pay more than $2500, and probably even less.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
I don't know about any of you, but did anyone else cry after seeing these pics? Sad. Sad. The neglect. *sniff* How are both sides of the bike so messed up? I'd say less than $3000, $2500 is a good ballpark too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts