Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i always have to call a friend whenever i go down and my bike isnt ride-able and if ever i gotta haul parts somewhere. so decided on getting something to keep my bike in.

found these two so far. on a budget so if it looks bad rattle cans should be good enough for me.

but heres the two im looking at at the moment. gonna give them a call and have a look at them tomorrow.

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/cto/1151848482.html

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/cto/1151744443.html

i kinda want the caravan since i can just take out the rear seats and roll my bike in..haha..and its enclosed. serves as my mini mobile garage.

if i get the truck ill be parading my bike everywhere i go.

anyone have experience with these vehicles? theyre cheap but as long as they dont break down on me im good to go. now after typing this im thinking of the caravan more. hope its in good running condition.

·
Street BOTM Winner 10/11
4,320 Posts
i don't think that a bike will fit inside that caravan, i think that you'll have hight issues.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
was thinking of that nut i originally got the idea from this video i saw somewhere. cant find it but he had 2 bikes in the back of his van.

hope it does fit.

·
Street BOTM Winner 10/11
4,320 Posts
just be sure to take some mesurements before you pull the trigger. i use my '06 4x4 cc titan to haul my bike around.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2007 Ford F150. The bike fits in perfectly with the tailgate closed. The bike that I have is a 2008 600rr.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
the van probably has like dried up jizz in the back of it lookin from those pics o_O .. probably used it as a local hooker service station.. get the truck.. if anything..

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
was thinking of that nut i originally got the idea from this video i saw somewhere. cant find it but he had 2 bikes in the back of his van.

hope it does fit.
I saw a guy with two bikes in the back of his Honda Element. They've got more cargo space (thanks partly to the box shape).

·
Registered
16 Posts
I use a SMC-600 hitch carrier on my Ford 150. Works great if the bike weight is less than 420 lbs ( I run my tank down to the reserve and put the ramp in the bed to minimize the load).

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
heres an awesome idea from another 600rr.net member Trinbago...

·
Registered
491 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
i use a 2004 Chevy 2500HD CC Duramax Diesel.. may be a bit of overkill but i can also pull other things with my bike in the bed.. like my buddies 17,000lb horse trailer.
What length of ramp do you use for that? I've got a couple of 6 foot ramps for my 2500 Cummins Ram that I use with my dirt bikes but was too nervous thinking of how to unload the CBR successfully that I opted to have my buddy and his S10 help me out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts