Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i'm trying to find the best way to stay cool without sacrificing too much protection....i don't want to dehydrate in my leather jacket, and id rather not lose every inch of skin in a crash neither

i have a cheap mesh jacket from last summer but the sleeves area are too loose (although it's the right size for me), i don't think it would hold up well in a crash.

any recommendation ? experience ?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I wear Flip flops and a wife beater, keeps me cool and looking cool... haha no im joking. Iv got a Icon Merc Jacket and just some knee pads when its hot out. I dont have any boots yet, im gonna get a pair soon.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I take the liner out of my perforated leather jacket, and open all the vents in my helmet. I'd rather fry in leather than trust mesh to hold up in a wreck.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I wear the same gear year round, I just take the liners out of my jackets.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have a A* spinner leather jacket that has a removable liner underneath, plus a couple intake/exhaust vent....i wonder how it would do in warm weather with that liner removed

·
Registered
860 Posts
It gets a little warm the longer you have to stop at lights, but it's been 90 here so far, and I get to where I'm going without breaking a sweat. That's with an Arai RX7, Komodo Ceno series, t shirt, blue jeans and Docs or Oxtar Ti boots.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Im trying to figure this out too. I sorta like the mesh ICON jacket on sale at New Enough... but I have never tried a leather jaket, so I cant decide. Is leather really worth it? How hot is it. My shops around here suck, so I really cant just go try a few till I fall in love with one. I currently use a Tour Master (Not-Leather) that I picked up local. Decent jacket, Great for the cold, but lacks the style and sizing i want for summer rides...

·
Registered
223 Posts
If I'm putting around town, which is most of my riding, I take a mesh jacket, gloves, boots, jeans and helmet at the very least. But you will normally see me in a text jacket and text pants if I can hack it.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Manta600rr said:
I'm in Arizona and i'm pretty sure you guys wouldn't even want to know.

unless its flip flop, surfer's short, wife beater and a pair of oakleys....we DO want to know (i use that smiley cause its funny, not because i want to give you the finger lol)

edit: hmmm i guess that smiley didn't work

·
Registered
1 Posts
i will have my bike at the end of june(i'll have my money by then to get it.) i plan on going with the joe rocket alter ego with liners removed and for night/winter riding the icon jacket with all the different patches on it(boy you can tell i'm new lol)

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
I like all the smart answers i read and for those that think its so effin hot i cannot take this heat and wear or think about wearing a mesh jacket

listen up the MESH IS WORTHLESS get your self a preforated leather jacket

·
Registered
83 Posts
moeman said:
I like all the smart answers i read and for those that think its so effin hot i cannot take this heat and wear or think about wearing a mesh jacket

listen up the MESH IS WORTHLESS get your self a preforated leather jacket

thats sorta the answer I was looking for on this. Is the mess a waist of time. Just wish i had somewhere i could go try on a few different leathers.

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
teg said:
i have a A* spinner leather jacket that has a removable liner underneath, plus a couple intake/exhaust vent....i wonder how it would do in warm weather with that liner removed
i have the same jacket and with the liner out it isn't too bad. it's not like it's cool but not too hot.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts