Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bike is a 2004, this will be the 4th riding season. i didnt get to ride much last year (about 300 miles- due to police academy taking all my free time away) and the bike only has about 8,000 miles on it.

i have a full service appt coming up that im going to have the oil changed, oil filter, inspection of brake/clutch/chain systems, radiator flush, air filter change, spark plug change and complete fluids check as well as inspection

anything else that i should have done??

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
You could trade it in for a 2007

or you can have them change your fork oil, maybe. Someone on here says he changes his every 3,000 miles.

bike is a 2004, this will be the 4th riding season. i didnt get to ride much last year (about 300 miles- due to police academy taking all my free time away) and the bike only has about 8,000 miles on it.

i have a full service appt coming up that im going to have the oil changed, oil filter, inspection of brake/clutch/chain systems, radiator flush, air filter change, spark plug change and complete fluids check as well as inspection

anything else that i should have done??

·
Registered
321 Posts
yeah thats alot for maintance for 8K.... just change the oil yourself...... the bikes a honda...... you can do a quick visual on the brakes yourself. It sounds like your spending $500 to get it checked out.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
are you sure there's a big maintenance at 8k miles? I'm pretty sure there isnt. check your owners manual. I think its oil change and a few other things. fork oil is at 16k, which is the big service. IIRC.

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
will its been 3 whole riding seasons though.. its been stored for 3 winters now..
just thought it would be some good preventive medicine..

anyone know when plugs should be changed????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts