Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knows what equipment is required to make your own brake lines. I have seen some pictures of crimping equipment but I do not know the specifics of what is required. Any info or links are much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
does no one know? jeez. thought I would at least get a few bites here.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
My guess is the next response you get will be "You shouldn't try this yourself, it is dangerous, leave it to the pros, just buy it."

I am all for learning about it and doing everything yourself...

Sorry bro, that's one of the few things I don't know how to do on my bike! I have never seen just ends for sale in order to make one. I imagine it's somewhat the same type of crimper as for coax (the hex inside of it).

·
Registered
329 Posts
lol, yes i say don't mess with it ubless u really know what u are doing and or have 2 people. You'll need a brake bleeder

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the beware warnings but I am an actual shop and am a professional. I build and race all my bikes. I work on other peoples bikes. If I get the right equipment and connect with the correct people providing a quality product isn't an issue. I have seen the bench tool before that crimps the lines. I just cant remember the name of it or how to find it. I can ask the people I get the lines and fittings from but I just figured I would throw it up here to see if anyone knew.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts