Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so we just got the new 600RR home, other than frame sliders and a fender eliminator, what are some other must do mods??

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
lol, depends dude. Did you buy the bike to look cool? or did you buy it to haul ass on a track? If ur just trying to look cool, then buy all the pretty powdercoated goodies. And if you wanna make it a track bike then dont buy all that crap because your going to crash, and you will cry when you do it.

C

·
0 Posts
Gear (leathers,boots)
Springs for your weight, maybe valve job.
Steel braided lines w/ nice fluid.
Brake pads, Galfer or EBC HH
Steering damper, GPR or TOBY.
New rubber, Pilot powers, Metzeler Racetech or beter.
Rear aftermarket shock.
Stomp Grip.
HID headlights.
powercommander.
pipe (Arata.)
Fabbridoublebubble windscreen.
grips.
rearsets.

Keep the stock signals on. They won't make one difference one way or the other.

·
Registered
556 Posts
cvlighthouse said:
Gear (leathers,boots)
Rear aftermarket shock.
Stomp Grip.
HID headlights.
powercommander.
pipe (Arata.)
grips.
rearsets.

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaa where is all this money coming from? Can you buy me a new bike and add this on there for free :icon_lol:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have all of my gear as far as personal protection. I have been riding on the back of my husbands bike for about 3 or 4 years. I am not sure what he will start changing first I was really happy to get a new helmet though! I will be able to legally ride tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
First mod is MSF course if you havent already. Next would be a GOOD beginers track day with instruction to get to know what you bike does under hard braking ect...in a safe controlled enviroment.

The best money you will EVER spend is on the rider...

·
Registered
393 Posts
vizsladog44 said:
First mod is MSF course if you havent already. Next would be a GOOD beginers track day with instruction to get to know what you bike does under hard braking ect...in a safe controlled enviroment.

The best money you will EVER spend is on the rider...

1+ i need/want that...how much does a track day usually goes for?...

also insurance... at least comprehensive!

·
Registered
433 Posts
BTK said:
I have been riding on the back of my husbands bike for about 3 or 4 years. I am not sure what he will start changing first I was really happy to get a new helmet though! I will be able to legally ride tomorrow.
let me make sure I get this right: you have been riding bitch for 3 years, now you get a 600, havent even got your license, and you are worried about "modding" your bike?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alex_V said:
let me make sure I get this right: you have been riding bitch for 3 years, now you get a 600, havent even got your license, and you are worried about "modding" your bike?
We spent the last 4 years in Japan. I have had some serious health problems and I had a child so getting my lic was in the plan but it had to wait til the right time. We just bought a house and had to get other things taken care of before I got a toy! But I have it now and the saftey course I will take in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
771 Posts
cvlighthouse said:
Gear (leathers,boots)
Rear aftermarket shock.
Stomp Grip.
HID headlights.
powercommander.
pipe (Arata.)
grips.
rearsets.

+ 1

Keep it simple on the upgrades. If you're a serious rider and arent going the flashy route do as cvlighthouse says. Or to sum it up:

1. Suspension
2. Brake system
3. Tires
4. Everything else

1 - 20 of 27 Posts