Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the best gas to use?? are leaded fuels harmful or good? i have access to c16, 104, 100...pretty much everything and wondering whats the best way to go....mods include akrapovic full system, pcIII, bmc race filter, velocity stacks...

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
HPfreak said:
so i guess c16 full leaded....sounds good
No, you're an idiot. Leaded fuel will gunk up your engine and really mess it up.

The higher the octane absolutely does not mean the better. Our bikes require no more than 86 octane to run perfectly. 86 is recomended by Honda.

Go to search and type in "octane".

Also the guy who posted first is also an idiot. Sorry if I sound harsh.

If anything with gas I would stay away from those little mom and pop gas stations or those no-name gas stations that are always 20 cents less than everyone else. It's usually cheaper for a reason, like they don't check their gas as much and may have more water in it than other name brand gas stations.

·
Registered
830 Posts
just use what's recommended. i use to use 93, but now i use 87. i don't feel a difference, and you won't either. if a coke machine only requires 50 cents, would you put 75 cents? If you think it'll taste better, then go put the 93 octane.

·
Registered
556 Posts
TOMIMOTO said:
No, you're an idiot. Leaded fuel will gunk up your engine and really mess it up.

The higher the octane absolutely does not mean the better. Our bikes require no more than 86 octane to run perfectly. 86 is recomended by Honda.

Go to search and type in "octane".
QUOTE]

So your saying we dont have to always use 93 or "Premium" gas in our bikes?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
currently i use 100 no lead, and i have had to put 93 in it before and it feels like ass compared to the 100...in cars at the drag strip you can see up to 2mph on your e.t. just from using c16...so im not an idiot, thats why i asked.

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
No you don't. Honda recomends 86. Like I said go to the search function and type in "octane" this topic has been beaten to death and I'm tired of it. There should be a sticky on it.

Also those cars are tuned to run race gas. Without it they will probley knock because like I said they are tuned.

I give up though. Waste your money for all I care, if anything it's all in your head. Go ahead and run leaded 115, but don't come crying back here when your injectors clog up.

I guess everyone who runs 86-89 in their bikes must not have the super special HRC edition you got huh?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its leaded 117 if your using vp....and as for tuning...cars tuned with pump gas see the increase in mph....if the car was tuned on race gas and always used race gas there would be no improement...

·
Registered
830 Posts
HPfreak said:
currently i use 100 no lead, and i have had to put 93 in it before and it feels like ass compared to the 100...in cars at the drag strip you can see up to 2mph on your e.t. just from using c16...so im not an idiot, thats why i asked.
if you think it helps, then use the highest octane you can find. the manual states 87 so the engineers that honda pays must be wrong. the millions of dollars in R&D must of been a waste of money. it's your money, do what you want.

·
Registered
830 Posts
HPfreak said:
its leaded 117 if your using vp....and as for tuning...cars tuned with pump gas see the increase in mph....if the car was tuned on race gas and always used race gas there would be no improement...

if you're so knowledgable, why are you even asking this question?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Don't run leaded, too risky. Higher octane is used for machines that need a less combustive gas because higher octane means less combustive. Our cylinders/pistons were designed to resist early combustion or knock. In conclusion, any octane above 87 is not cleaner, not more explosive, not better. You want your machine to perform at the top of its game, run 87 or 87 mon. So to everyone who is running 91 or higher without messing with your timing and saying you can "feel the difference", I have these pills that I make from sugar that can cure cancer. So if you know anyone with cancer, send me $100 and I will ship you some. They also cure the common cold.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
all im asking for is a little help....was hoping this forum would be different form all the others with childish comments...again, just looking for help.

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
We are helping you by telling you are wrong. Why can't you understand that?

If you want more power go to internals which will cost you an arm and a leg. With BPUs and a PC3 you won't get more than 5-8 HP max gained on our bikes.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah...im planning on looking into head, cams this winter...anyone make turbo kits for them?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts