Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I plan on getting some tire warmers and was wondering what affordable generator you guys are using for them. What brand at what price, and how much power do you need? I was looking into the Chicken Hawk warmers.

Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I use a power inverter off my car, much cheaper than the generator. I do run my car on idle while its on though as to not drain the battery. Just make sure it can handle the wattage. My warmers (tyrsox) take 700W so I'm using a 800W inverter.

Most people I see are using the Honda EU2000i generators, but at a grand, they ain't cheap. My inverter cost <$100. Ghetto to run? sure, but I can't afford the generator just yet.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the info tiltedworld.

Sometimes at the track I'm not parked near the setup. Yeah, that Honda one is way too much. I wonder if there's one for like $200 - $300 range. I saw one at Home Depot for $400 but I wanted to see if I could find something less that would power the warmers.

The chicken hawk site states super bike warmers need 1150 watts to power up front and rear. The cost of the track just keeps adding on and on :)

·
Registered
774 Posts
That is a nice find. Almost makes me sorry I bought my Honda EU2000i about two months ago in the 900+ range. I'm just hoping that the Honda reliability will last me long enough to forget about the price.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the link. I'm just cautious about it because no one posted anything about it after May of this year and it didn't come with a manual.

I couldn't find anything on the internet about that generator also.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
predikt said:
thanks for the link. I'm just cautious about it because no one posted anything about it after May of this year and it didn't come with a manual.

I couldn't find anything on the internet about that generator also.
I wouldn't be to worried about it, the generator has been sold to many wera guys and also alot of other forums. All have had great results.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sounds good. I'll try to contact that guy for more questions, thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts