Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning as I was pulling out of the garage I hit the front brake and it went all the way down to the grip.
I had to step on the rear break for the bike to stop. Then I grabbed the front brake again and it was fine.

Has that ever happened to any of you guys? I didn't see any problem with the line and it looks as if I have plenty fluid.

How worried should I be?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hmmm,, did you have your front wheel off before this? If you did then that would explain it. But if not, then I would at least bleed the front brake out just to make sure there is no air trapped in it.

·
Registered
494 Posts
No brake fluid in the line the first time you pulled it. Pulling it caused it to build up pressure again and that's why it worked the second time. It might have just been air in your line and now it's out and should be ok, but you might want to bleed all the fluid out and re-fill it just to be on the safe side.

Since you had the shop change your front tire, I would take it back to them and explain what happened and have them check it and make sure it's OK. Sounds like it was their fault, so they should do it for free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts