Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we asked ourselves that same question a few days ago when we noticed that we were "archived." we were taken by surprise due to lack of communication. there was no prior notification and only when we took the initiative did we learn of what was going. long story short, it is not in the best interest of MRI to continue as an "official" site vendor due to the current circumstances required to be one. HOWEVER.....

HAVE NO FEAR!! we are not going anywhere, we will continue to be a part of 600rr.net just like we have been since the beginning. the only difference now is that for the time being we will not have our banner and section in the Vendors area. we will continue to offer our support in any shape or form possible like we have always done so. just think of us as disco and cozy before they became "official" site vendors with their own sections in the vendor areas, but with that Riders Inc commitment and passion everyone is familiar with.

cheers
MRI

·
Registered
752 Posts
Good to know! I was surprised as well when I didn't see ridersinc's banner in the vendor section.

·
Registered
102 Posts
looks like someone doesn't want to pay their protection money.... good to know you guys are still going to be around

·
The Asian Persuasion
28,564 Posts
Is vertical scope asking for too much money?

Good to know that you guys will still be around.
I have bought a few things from MRI in the years past with great prices and customer service!

·
DID has A beard
322 Posts
I haven't been around very long and was wondering what kind of problems some mods and members were having when the forum was sold to a new owner a little bit ago...startin to see it now though.

This kind of thing is total crap!!!!!! This used to be a great community where everyone watched out for and took care of each other. Vendors gave us great prices and service and they got loyal customers who praised them to the high heavens.

It wasn't an overnight change but I am starting to see why some outstanding members have left. The new owners have commercialized this place to the point that it is disgusting! Non stop ads, "supporting vendors" who show no interest in the community, etc.

I'm all for the next guy makin a buck but when companies and members with a good history here are getting pushed out, it ruins what was once a great thing. I'm guessing MRI didn't cough up the dough to remain a Supporting Vendor and so the owners decided they weren't going to give them the "advertisement" of having their own sub-forum.

It's no longer about what the community wants or is helpful to them, its about making more and more money.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Geez! Well this sucks! I've literally spent thousands at MRI so to see a site vendor like MRI no longer a site vendor is disheartening

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
thanks andrew for the promise of future support and for all that you guys did for us before this...

choice!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
/agreed with Grizzly. Site vendors from before the sale should be grandfathered in. They have given more than enough to the community to need to have to pay "site vendor" fees.

Also Ad Block Plus (as stated above) is the ****. My own way of sticking it to the man (new owner).

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
greed always leads to the downfall of great things. Should I skip the premium membership now??

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
It is however nice to see that MRI will be around for us, and that they let us know what is going on. Truely commendable. (and awesome prices)

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
i hate changes.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Sorry to see this happening, but very glad to know you guys will still be around. I've shopped with you guys ever since you all came around back when the site first started, and will continue to do so, regardless of site 'status' you may have!

Thanks for the clarification Andrew!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
greed always leads to the downfall of great things. Should I skip the premium membership now??
My question was more geared towards the new ownership and the changes that have been, and have yet, to be made regarding the site. I also use a mac, and never have a problem viewing the site even without the premium membership.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
i don't have a probelm using safari but there is no way that i know of to get rid of the annoying ads while using safari.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
this site has gona to the shits. way too many ads. its fukin ridiculous

·
DID has A beard
322 Posts
I will definitely not be paying for any kind of membership, premium or otherwise...not as long as the current owners are running the place at least. Sure, before the new owners took over i would have if it would have benefited the community, but not with how things are now.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.