Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't wheelie... well not yet. When I'm good at the track then maybe I will try. But I want to know what happens when the bearing friction makes the front wheel stop and the wind starts to rotate it backwards when you wheelie for a long ways. Does it smoke the front tire or give you tank slappers?

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
it smokes. i have a damper so i dunno bout tank slappers. the smoke puff is damn cool though but i can never see it, only whoever is with me. apparently my akra shoots a blue flame when i bring it up too!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
a puff of smoke... if you manage to come down with the wheel not straight, expect a tank slapper... a damper can help depending on how not straight the wheel is...

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
So long you keep the wheel straight when you bring it down you'll be fine..You don't really need a damper for wheelies..It would be nice though..If I had the cash I'd definitely spring for one (I got too many projects and too little $$)..It'd make me feel alot more confident on the entrance speed on my stoppies..

·
Registered
211 Posts
Also very important: when you wheelie, do it on even surfaces, if you put it down on a bump or a tar snake or something like that, it could result in a nasty tank slapper. I put a wheelie down once on a road that had ruts sunken into the asphalt. Needless to say I won't be doing wheelies there anymore!

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
i was playin round one day... on the road. pulled one for about 4 1/2 miles. started gettin tired and couldn't steer, drifted towards the yellow. so i set it down, right on a tar snake. lucky for me DB bars give you alot more leverage, and a hand full of throttle and she's right as rain again.

·
Registered
920 Posts
db bars are gay ceph. lol

that one cat said his akro blows alil fire when he clutches it up...mine lit the lot on fire once...ceph has a picture

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
ironmannFB3 said:
I don't wheelie... well not yet. When I'm good at the track then maybe I will try. But I want to know what happens when the bearing friction makes the front wheel stop and the wind starts to rotate it backwards when you wheelie for a long ways. Does it smoke the front tire or give you tank slappers?
i dont really understand, its smokeswhen it rotates backwards? Ive rolled em out pretty far with no somking. Can someone explain to me why it would smoke? And why could this possibly cause a tankslapper? Sorry for the elementary q's

·
Registered
12 Posts
they mean when you bring it back down, and unless your wheel is turned when you bring it down no it doesn't matter if it stops spinning bro

1 - 11 of 11 Posts