Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL! The one time I got a freakin' bug inside my lid when I was riding cause I was cruzin' through town, had the sheild cracked. Man I don't know what the hell it was but it was biting the **** out of me. LOL! It's funny now but when I pulled over I was doing like the pee pee dance trying to get that ******* thing off... It was like some used the inside of my helmet for an ash tray. ****!

Jason

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
LOL, never had one get in where it stung me but last year I was going down a limited access HWY when I saw I was about to hit a big bee (we've all done it...seen the bug coming right as us). Next thing I hear is a buzzing in my helmet and I started freaking out that he was going to sting me. I pull to the shoulder and wip the helmet off but can't find the culprit even though I can still hear the noise. Turns out it was a yellow jacket and he went straight into of the top vents and was stuck in the channel under the liner.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I had a bee fly down the collar of a t-shirt once. Almost dropped the bike trying to get him out before getting stung. Bugs are one of my biggest complaints while riding. Especially that one big juicy SOP that wants to splat himself in your site lie 2 ft after you pull out

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
I think the worst bugs I've dealt with are down at Jennings GP. A few times I've actually had to pit down there to clean off my visor during a 20 minute track session.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
No bees, just a grasshopper about the size of a small dog. I saw it coming at me in sloooowwww mootioon. It was classic Wiley Coyote. Then SMACK, nearly took my helmet off my head.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn, a grasshopper!

I don't see how some of these guys don't wear a lid after cleaning off my helmet.

GA_RR, thats a good story.

Jason

·
Registered
328 Posts
I had left a toll booth back east and was getting back up to speed, had my shield cracked and took a June bug/June Beetle to the upper lip right under my nose. Let me tell you that hurt soooooo bad. My eyes watered up and I couldn't see a thing. I had to pull over. Felt like I got hit with a 90mph fastball.

Here's about the size of the little f****r.

Attachments

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
I hit june bugs alot...those are huge and very hard!! A deer T-boned my car this winter haha. Minor damage. Me=1 Deer=0. Just think if i was less then a second slower i would have t-boned the deer!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
no problem with bugs around where i live...pretty urban area. but i do find sand in my mouth sometimes after long rides.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
I have had small flies get into my helmet while closed before. I also had a bee fly into my face at a stop light while the sheild was up.

One time I was riding with some friends and a huge insect hit my shield and left a big gooey splat right in my line of sight. I had to ride like that for almost 45 minutes on the freeway.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
This thread reminded me of another unpleasant experience I had last season. I was going home from work on a 2 lane state HWY traveling approx 60mph or so and had a tractor trailer coming at me doing about the same speed I guess. Just as we were about to pass each other I saw something (looked like a golf ball kind of) come off the top of the truck. I ducted/swerved/something and it hit me square between my left hand's pinky and ring fingers near the knuckle. I think I was wearing A* SP1s at the time but it hurt like I had gotten shot. I only had another mile home I figured I'd not stop and just get home and ice it down. When I got the glove off at home the skin was all busted up and had blood all over my hand. Not sure if the fingers broke but they swole up too big for me to put back in a glove and I could ride the bike for a week. I was thinking about it later and figured I guess that'd be what it's like to get hit by a fast ball in major league baseball.

·
Registered
870 Posts
GA_RR said:
This thread reminded me of another unpleasant experience I had last season. I was going home from work on a 2 lane state HWY traveling approx 60mph or so and had a tractor trailer coming at me doing about the same speed I guess. Just as we were about to pass each other I saw something (looked like a golf ball kind of) come off the top of the truck. I ducted/swerved/something and it hit me square between my left hand's pinky and ring fingers near the knuckle. I think I was wearing A* SP1s at the time but it hurt like I had gotten shot. I only had another mile home I figured I'd not stop and just get home and ice it down. When I got the glove off at home the skin was all busted up and had blood all over my hand. Not sure if the fingers broke but they swole up too big for me to put back in a glove and I could ride the bike for a week. I was thinking about it later and figured I guess that'd be what it's like to get hit by a fast ball in major league baseball.

This reminds me of the time I got hit my a styrofoam cooler. Didnt really furt but scared the **** out of me.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
My head is generally whats in my helmet, but aside from that, yeah, I had the bug thing once too. He wasnt biting me, but I used to have somewhat of a phobia of bugs so feeling it crawling around by my ear wasnt a good thing. I had to do the emergency stop on the side of the road and I dont think Ive ever had my helmet off so quick.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Actually! When I was at my parents house once, I left my helmet on the kitchen counter. Well they have a big ant problem over there, but I didnt think anything of it. Anyway, I pick up my helmet and leave, but on the way back to my place, I start feeling really itchy on my head. At first I ignored it, but then I also started feeling things in my ear, and then things crawling on my face (I'm getting really itchy just thinking back on that)! So I do an emergency stop on the side of the freeway, take off my helmet and see ants all over the inside of my lid. It took me like 10 minutes to get them all out, but I still felt them on my head for the rest of the ride...

I dont know why they got in there in the first place, maybe I have sweet smelling sweat or something.

·
Registered
587 Posts
A few years ago i was riding to work in shorts ( big no no) and a bee flew up my right leg!!! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ65mphZZZZZZZZsmack!!!! OUCH! THAT $hIT HURT!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts