Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this thread is about 07-09 CBR Performance upgrades, but in order to do your upgrades you need $MONEY, MONEY, MONEY$. I just want to share how much I am paying for my motorcycle insurance .After shopping around with the big companies like GEICO, PROGRESSIVE, PACIFIC, ALLSTATE, or McGRAW, The cheapest full coverage insurance company I found for my 08 CBR 600 was STATE FARM. I am a California resident who lives in East los Angeles. I have a good driving record with no accidents or tickets in the last 3 years. I am paying $250 for 6 months. After hearing what GEICO was charging me for 6 months($800) with my driving record, I got pist-off! $800 dollars is a VERY NICE slip-on exhaust or a Scotts Damper with a triple clamp. In order for me to upgrade my bike to get the ladies wet, I have to hustle with my money. MORE MONEY IN MY POCKET, The more I get to ride! What are you guys paying for your insurance?

·
Registered
237 Posts
$60.00 month here in Ontario Canada.

·
Registered
183 Posts
$523 a yr. clean record and safety course. 1st bike also

·
Registered
111 Posts
I know this thread is about 07-09 CBR Performance upgrades, but in order to do your upgrades you need $MONEY, MONEY, MONEY$. I just want to share how much I am paying for my motorcycle insurance .After shopping around with the big companies like GEICO, PROGRESSIVE, PACIFIC, ALLSTATE, or McGRAW, The cheapest full coverage insurance company I found for my 08 CBR 600 was STATE FARM. I am a California resident who lives in East los Angeles. I have a good driving record with no accidents or tickets in the last 3 years. I am paying $250 for 6 months. After hearing what GEICO was charging me for 6 months($800) with my driving record, I got pist-off! $800 dollars is a VERY NICE slip-on exhaust or a Scotts Damper with a triple clamp. In order for me to upgrade my bike to get the ladies wet, I have to hustle with my money. MORE MONEY IN MY POCKET, The more I get to ride! What are you guys paying for your insurance?
What are your limits and deductible? I too live in so cal and got quoted with state farm 100/300/100 w/ $250.00 deductible for $350.00 (6 months).

·
Premium Member
14,336 Posts
Make your deductible higher and that will lower your price monthly. Also you can go to other agents in the area, you can still get different quotes. Pay $16 a month with State Farm in FL. But I'm old and have 2 other cars under them and the house and insurance. Multi discount. T

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have all my vehicles (2 cars and my 600RR) and my renter's insurance through State Farm.

I only pay $250 per year for the RR with full coverage 100/100/300 limits and zero deductible.

They've been very good to us over the years.

·
Registered
205 Posts
140 a month with Nation Wide Insurance, full coverage

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have State Farm
I have 3 cars, my house and bike through them.
for the bike I pay $16 a month (which is $192 a year). It supposed to go down after my MSF rider course

·
Registered
268 Posts
I pay $90/year for my bike with State Farm. I have a very good driving record, and two other vehicles with them, but I receive no discounts on the bike because of other vehicles.

But CO is slightly different. They charge you a 6 months premium, and cover you for a full year because they figure the bike will be ridden about half the year.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.