Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just post what injuries you've gotten from motorcycle wrecks and if you were not-at-fault or what you were doing.

Not-At-Fault 08/16/2008 some guy purposely rear ended me because I passed him and flipped him off because he cut me off and almost hit me (within inches) He bragged about it at work, cops didn't believe me or look for him. I personally found him, pressed charges but he committed suicide instead.

Every single joint hurts except my left elbow, most notably my right shoulder has torn ligaments, 3 out of 5 spinal injury (4 requires hospitalization), degenerative disc disease, damaged right knee, couldn't walk for 18 months. I have been in pain every single day ever since, and that's even on pain management (vicodin)

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
car crash: passenger of a mustang (thats now 4 feet shorter) that tboned a truck in the middle of the road, while doing over 130 mph, broken sternum, fractured back

bike crash: car cut through parking spaces behind some suvs, didnt see him till he was infront of me, he didnt see me (ever), panick stoped @ ~20 mph, grabbed a ton of brakes, locked up the front and lifted the rear (weird combo, lemme tell ya) let off the brakes, but every thing was out of kilter, and i was PROMPTLY ejected from the saddle to land on my hip causing deep bone bruising on the hip socket

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Were you able to press charges?
there was nothing to press charges for

first was atfault for my vehicle, i get bills paid thats all by insurance

second dude was gone never stoped, an no charges wouldnt have been pressed

not sure what every ones obsession is with pressing charges btw, in your case i get it, but just because you are in an accident doesn't mean you should sue

·
Registered
219 Posts
Street - all my fault:

Very first day I picked up my R6, <6 hours after purchase, went through a blind-ish right hander that ended up having pine needles on the entire roadway. Ended up going to the outside of the turn to try and avoid but was hopeless. So I ended up going into a two-foot ditch after the low side. Walked away with no injuries minus a slight rip in my gloves.

About a year later, was coming to an abrupt stop from about 45mph and didn't notice oil and diesel that had spilled on roadway until it was too late so I slid about 50-60ft after the front wheel tucked very quickly. Some pretty major bruising on my right hip but not other injuries.

About two months after that, ended up high siding on some very slippery paint for a crosswalk. Dislocated shoulder but relocated when in the moment I put my hands up to let my riding friends know I'm okay. Hurt like hell and ended up being in a sling for a couple days afterwards.

Track:
Summit Point turn 5 ended up low siding on the stupid concrete slab in the middle of some of the turns. Picked up my bike to finish the race since my handlebars never touched the ground. No injuries and minimal scuffing on the bike.

CMP Turn 4, high speed low side. Banged my head good enough that I did not race the rest of the weekend. No injuries beyond that. Bike ended up with new rearsets and levers and some more scuff marks on the fairings.

I hope we are not trying to include the falls we have had off-road and in other vehicles other than sport bikes because I mey end up writing a novel!

Damian

·
Banned
2,603 Posts
lots of bruises and sore muscles; but thankfully the worst I've gotten so far is a circular road rash on my side from my jacket sliding up on during a lowside

·
Registered
677 Posts
Fractured right ankle after bike tried to spit me off and the rear wheel ran over my foot, eventually low sided on the left hand side causing minor bruising, right foot/ankle was swollen to about double the size and a deep purple blue colour.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Motorcycle App

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I had a golf cart cut me off in sturgis and I tboned him. Facked my elbow up pretty bad. Leg got pinned under neath. Jackasses took off. There was blood all over my bike. Didn't notice it until the next morning when it was all dried up.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.Com

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Sore ankle from a low side, hit a guard rail at like 30(i think?) with my back, no back protector, just a camelback backpack filled with water and no visible bruising at all. Gear + my guardian angel kicks butt.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Bike crash: was going home on a residential road, going 45 mph, road was 2 lanes, car coming cut me off pulling into driveway, I was on a 01 Suzuki bandit 600 and the car was a 1990 Honda civic. Hit the front right wheel, my crotch broke the windscreen, helmet busted out the windshield, I skidded about 20 feet into a ditch. Tried to get up but fell back down. Lady got out of her car, told me she couldn't believe I hit her and proceeded to walk into her house while I and my bike and the car were in the road. Lucky an off duty fireman was behind her. Cops show up and give me a ticket cause it was getting dark and I was on a permit. I than was taken to the hospital where they x-rayed me like 10 times and found I had no broken bones, but did have a sore knee and back.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle app

·
Registered
173 Posts
It will be a full year from my accident in about 5 days. Coming around a right hand turn on my way to Camp Bisco. came in a little Hot, there was dirt in the road and i Low-sided rather hard. crossing the yellow line and ending up in the dirt on the other side of the road (Thank God there was no on-coming traffic). I really dont even remember hitting the ground. All i remember was the ass end of the bike coming out, hitting my head on the pavement, then Nothing, Next thing i remember was being on the side of the road and i had already picked the bike up and was trying to start it to ride home. Luckily my neighbor the fire cheif in town happend to be coming around the corner as i picked the bike up (i was VERY disoriented) and started asking what happend, i explained what i knew and that i really didnt remember much else. He immediatly made me sit and called an ambulance. I ended up breaking my right collarbone in 4 different places and having some NASTY road rash on my right elbow, shoulder, back, hip and leg. And having to get surgery on my collarbone, i now have about a 4-5 inch Titanium plate in my right shoulder with a pretty nasty scar.

My First MC related accident happend my Freshman year in HS i was dirtbiking, came out of a trail onto a road to turn around, and didnt fully look both ways. There was a car coming that was also distracted looking up the hill at a graduation party going on. Needless to say i pulled out, they didnt slow down and Bam... Worst injury was i had the "oh **** moment" right as i saw the car coming and put my feet down on the ground. Cars (Jeep Liberty) front pass side bumper hit my leg smashing it into the left footpeg and through my leg. I then Spun and hit the pass side door with my back/head/helmet hard enough so that they were unable to even open the pass side door. When the foot peg went through my leg it ripped out frontways breaking my leg.

So yeah... my family isnt to happy about me riding on two considering the past. But hey, im gonna do what i love and i know my consequences.

And: Both of these accidents were with NO Gear on other than a helmet. Yes ive counted my blessings, and now ALWAYS wear a Helmet, jacket, pants and gloves Minumum

·
Registered
347 Posts
Racing crash - hit an unprotected wall (no airfence, hay bails or anything) at a track in Colorado, motorbikes dont belong on NASCAR ovals. Died twice, shattered pelvice, broken clavical, major head injury where I lost a month of my life and my ability to talk. A year of rehab learning to walk and talk again in two different countries and I'm almost back to as good as ever, apart from the whole wife divorcing me, and her and her POS brother screwing me over financially LOL.

But I am alive, know who I can and cannot trust, and have a new outlook of life so it's all good.

·
Registered
31 Posts
8/14/05 I was 18 and about 3 months into my first bike, only thing anyone taught me was how to take off(first clutch).. Left work and it started raining on me going about 30 mph around a turn I tap the rear break (Doh!) and bike slid out from under me and slid across a 20 foot wide creek. Bike was screwed lol.. As for me I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt.. Slammed my head on the ground had a nice concussion leaving me to not remember much of the accident. My left arm broken bone came through the skin, lacerated liver, L1/L2 vert fused together, part of my hip bone is now my right knee bone, slight road rash.. Luckily some lady saw me go down and called the ambulance I woke up twice during that once was in her arms before the ambulance got there and the 2nd time was to the medics cutting my shirt off. I was supposed to leave for Navy boot camp sept 1st of that year... Funny how life can change so quickly.

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
December 20th, in a parking lot. I crashed without wearing a helmet and cracked my skull open almost killing me. I was in the hospital for 10 days.

·
VP of Metal Operations
4,202 Posts
I hope we are not trying to include the falls we have had off-road and in other vehicles other than sport bikes because I mey end up writing a novel!
:+1:
MX: broken collar bone, broke left ankle x3, dislocated shoulder, torn hamstring, broken finger x2, countless bruises and scars..:fiddy:
Street: Nothing yet:cruising::angel:

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
Street crash rear ended, fractured left wrist, cracked right wrist, fractured right femur, little bruising no road rash.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Rear ended on my bike and received a torn MCL and swollen left shoulder, the torn MCL resulted in permanent knee cap damage.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.