Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wondering what people's coverages are for their RR's and how much they are paying for them. When I bought my RR in 05 I had progressive, and they were ridiculously expensive, like 2500/year for full coverage with basic coverage, and now that its 4 years old an I am 27/yo its only 433/year for full coverage with 100k/300k/100k, uninsured motorist, roadside, you name it through State Farm. The first two years I had the bike I got raped, then the last two have been decent.

Just wondering what everyone is gettin reamed on their bikes. BTW I have professional driver discount, safety course discount, 10 years+ no claims, and no tickets on my record for years(I'm a pro at getting tickets dropped, my record was 4 in 1 week, but they were all BS tickets). I tried a search but the search function sucks balls on these forums. So lemme know what you are paying, where you are at, and what your coverage is. I switched one of my cars today and saved $300/year.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
i think most will agree statefarm is about the cheapest, there are probably others but SF is allways perty low

I was at 33 dollars a month, but droped my truck so lost multivehicle, am at 42 a month now.

Im 27, male, single, spotless record, and live in arizona, and yes, thats full coverage.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet, that's what I like to hear. Honestly, my ******* is still sore from my 2 years with progressive while I financed the bike. If I paid it off right off the bat and went with state farm i could have a motard as well for the same $ spent on insurance. I'm pretty sure state farm is cheapest, but seeing how I switched my Fit to Ameriprise and saved 300/year, for better coverage with free roadside, just seeing where I can save $$ this year, without sacrificing anything.

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
I used to be under my dad's insurace with State Farm and it was costing me $500 a year for full coverage. I'm on my own now and looked into State Farm. I'm 23 and have one "must appear" ticket within the last 3 years and they quoted me $4,360 a year for full coverage.

That's straight up ********. If I were to do that I could just buy a new bike in 2 years with the insurance money I would be spending.

So State Farm can be great if your older and have a clean record. They like to rape the younger guy's poop holes though.

·
Registered
151 Posts
man... 900 a year for full coverage.. lowest full coverage possy-bill!

so 75 a month. Bike payment is 211 a month... so 300 a month to have my bikey!

Worth it. State farm. 20 yrs old. No tickets. No claims. Large penis. And multi vehicle policy.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Man I must be getting screwed bad!!! I am paying $2400/yr and I am married, over 25, multivehicle, clean record and homeowners insurance through progressive. But I checked SF and it was over $3k. O and the bike is paid off and its an 08! WTF!!!

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
Another Insurance thread ?? Face it S/F Is the BEST hands down
On a side note Tenjin.. Man I am sorry I forgot what the hell Is your name ? And please P/M me your number
Thanks

·
Registered
233 Posts
state farm would not even give me a policy, even if i switched 2 cars to them. i have 2 moving violations like 8-9 months ago and i am 35. don't know the name of the company the broker got my policy from, but it's 1k yr. for liability, fire theft. I wish i could get full for around the same price.:(

·
Registered
156 Posts
i am 56 live in ontario canada i cant get sportbike insurance where my harley is they just dont do those bikes but i pay 509 no collision coverage at another place the guys under 21 pay 4 to6 thousand a year

·
Registered
18 Posts
22 and first bike I've ever had: SF quote me at 1100 for my 09 600rr for 100/300 uninsured, underinsured, no medical payments...I ended up going with country insurance (there are two "best rated" insurance companies that can call themselves something special...dont know the official title: SF and Country) and only paid 400/year for 250/500 uninsured, underinsured, comprehensive, collision, and 25k medical payments.

I guess country rates by CCs and SF does by bike type, which is why country is so competitive.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And of course I change my insurance on my fit from SF to Ameriprise at midnight last night, I go outside this morning at 7am, and someone HIT and RAN my 11 month old fit, fuckin the bumper, hit the quarter panel, taillight, and I'm not about to have a claim within the first 7 hours of a new policy. I buffed the rear hatch and quarter panel and the tailight barely scuffed, and I bent the QP away from the tire with a 2x4 to the factory location, so now I just gotta get OEM paint to match it, and have my rear bumper and body kit re-sprayed, but if i do that, i may as well have them re-do my front bumper and lip, since there's a ton of chips on it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Man I must be getting screwed bad!!! I am paying $2400/yr and I am married, over 25, multivehicle, clean record and homeowners insurance through progressive. But I checked SF and it was over $3k. O and the bike is paid off and its an 08! WTF!!!

wow you need to check that out!! they are seriously rapping you, i am sure there are other companies than can offer better....check:book1:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Im 24 in new jersey and all those companies sux here.. Geico was fukin 4500 wattt!!!!progressive was 2500 statefarm was 1600 aaa was 1800 allstate 1000....... i use Rider's Insurance 918 best i got after a 100 attempt....

·
Registered
11 Posts
I didnt see anyone mention American Family, but lets just say that I like to keep a huge bottle of lube around just in case I need to talk to them. I get royally screwed every time I talk to them whether about cars or bikes. They charged me two times on one friggin accident, even the claims adjuster was like WTF. But I pay 142 for my bike per month I dont even to the math for a full year:all_cohol Oh I am from Portland Oregon

·
Registered
175 Posts
State Farm 100 a month full coverage, 25/50k uninsured, 500 deductible. My credit kinda sucks but I have a clean driving record, last ticket was in 2006 and it was thrown out, noob cop used wrong statue :) progressive quoted me at 7k a year, I laughed at the Rep, I left cracking up, State Farm FTW. I got my GF and parents to switch, they all pay 30-40% less.
My car is insured through USAA, SF couldn't even get close to what I pay with USAA, but USAA wouldn't insure my bike in South FL.

·
Registered
4 Posts
you guys sure are lucky to be paying under a 100 dollars a month for insurance i am in Canada and i pay $389 a month for insurance we don't have different places we can buy it we have one government place and they do all the insurance for every one

1 - 20 of 28 Posts