Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
what is a Good psi for daily driven 05RR?

I just got my second set of tires for my bike. First set I bought they wear out uneven do to bad PSI and I don't want to do the same mistake with these set. So please let me know what is a good PSI to run with set of Michelin Pilot Road 2ct, on a 05 600RR

and info in these tire are also welcome thanks

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
It more depends on where and how you are riding more so than the brand of the tires you are using. All the performance street tires are very similar (2CT, BT-016's, Dunlop Q2's, etc) that following general guidelines you'll be fine. When I'm at the track, I run 29psi cold front and rear in the morning when it's cold, then 30psi when it warms up. On the street, I usually run 32psi front, 35psi rear. If you don't lean too much or just commute daily, then I would run about 38 rear to avoid the flat spots most encounter over time. Follow this and you'll be in good shape regardless of tire. I've used the same guideline for all the tires mentioned above and have gotten great wear and mileage out of all.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It more depends on where and how you are riding more so than the brand of the tires you are using. All the performance street tires are very similar (2CT, BT-016's, Dunlop Q2's, etc) that following general guidelines you'll be fine. When I'm at the track, I run 29psi cold front and rear in the morning when it's cold, then 30psi when it warms up. On the street, I usually run 32psi front, 35psi rear. If you don't lean too much or just commute daily, then I would run about 38 rear to avoid the flat spots most encounter over time. Follow this and you'll be in good shape regardless of tire. I've used the same guideline for all the tires mentioned above and have gotten great wear and mileage out of all.

Right now i use the bike for a daily commute for lack of funds I have not hit the track yet. I am starting to get corner a little faster and lean on it a little more every time. so 38 rear? what will be good for front?

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Right now i use the bike for a daily commute for lack of funds I have not hit the track yet. I am starting to get corner a little faster and lean on it a little more every time. so 38 rear? what will be good for front?
32 for front will be fine. I would not do more than that for front for "spirited" riding.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I think 38 (cold) is a little high, even for commuting. A little heat is going to change that thing into a Fred Flintstone-style rock tire if you start at 38. I'd use 32F / 35R.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
32F/35R or 33F/38R?? does mi weight have to do anything with the proper psi, I am 150lb? Ill keep on looking to see which psi will be best for life on the tires and good grip on the highway

Thanks

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
I think we both recommended 32/35 for you on the street. Do that and you will be fine!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Fr 31/ R 29

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I run ~36.5F/36.5R for summer and 37-38F/ 37-38R for winter. Reason behind it is tires lose about 2PSI every month or so, so I'm good. At the track it's 30F/30R for me.

If you're going to take the bike for some nice twisties, I think stick to 29-32 Front and Rear and you should have no problem. I don't know if this is true or not, but somehow I feel the tire correlate with your shock. I suggest to adjust your shock to match your weight so you'll get the best out of the handling.

·
Registered
903 Posts
dreamzboy wrote:
I run ~36.5F/36.5R for summer and 37-38F/ 37-38R for winter
Why would you run a higher pressure in the winter than you do in the summer? If anything, you need to be just opposite. The lower the pressure, the more the tire flexes. The more the tire flexes, the more heat the tire makes. The more heat in the tire, the better the grip. Summertime ambient air temps help contribute to the total heating of the tire.......thus a little higher pressures.

I also disagree with your pressures. 31/31 on the Pilot Powers and the Power 2CT's are a very good all around pressure for casual riding. I'm not talking track pressures here though, just street.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts