Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so one of our fellow .neters will not post up so I will be glad to do it for him. Bike was bought from a guy who swore it was never dropped, only his frame slider looked like it had seen a belt sander for a few minutes and there are now aftermarket fairings, and a slightly bent sub frame (haha ya good one, the guy is a piece of sh**) anyways.... I road the bike and noticed the steering is crooked. Placed the triples and clip ons dead straight on and the wheel is off center. The left fork needs new seals it is leaking and has been for a little bit. Just to check other possible issues, the bike was supported up front and I loosened the triples to allow the forks to return to normal (if one was rotated). Nothing rotated or moved, so now I need to find out are one of the triples bent? How would I figure that out? Would simply not having enough oil in the forks cause this? What else could there be. Thanks in advance everyone.

·
Registered
46 Posts
without seeing pics its hard to say but i would take a guess that the left fork is bent. Im saying this because i had a bent fork and it leaked and the tire was off center. How far off is it? Maybe try taking the fork off and run a straight edge up the tube just to see. just throwin it out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts