Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,i have moved over from the UK and am starting racing, i'm gunna do CCS FL region and i'll hopefully make the last race of the season at homestead, but my questions are about what is all this contigency money about and can i get it,the thing is i dont even know what classes i will be running, i ride a CBR600RR, can someone run me through the whole thing slow time, i have heard about sponsorhouse.com but i haven't even rode yet so is that out of the question, so basically as a total new racer what can i do as i dont have a clue.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Tony

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Contingency money is what a sponsor is willing to pay you for using their product, displaying their advertising, and finishing high enough in the rankings to draw attention.

You're in jax - you'll be spending a lot of time at JenningsGP - www.jenningsgp.com - lots of people there can help you with specific contacts.

·
Registered
156 Posts
yes, you can do it as a new racer. Have you done novice school already?

Contingency money is just money paid by various product manufactures. The two big ones are factory and tires.

Go to your race organization's website, they should have a list online. If they don't, shoot them an email. Every organization is different, so they are who you must contact.

Absolutely no offense intended, and I don't know the FL orgs at all, but around here if you're just getting started (especially in the 600 classes), you don't need to be worrying about contingency payouts just yet ;)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
scotch2 said:
yes, you can do it as a new racer. Have you done novice school already?

Contingency money is just money paid by various product manufactures. The two big ones are factory and tires.

Go to your race organization's website, they should have a list online. If they don't, shoot them an email. Every organization is different, so they are who you must contact.

Absolutely no offense intended, and I don't know the FL orgs at all, but around here if you're just getting started (especially in the 600 classes), you don't need to be worrying about contingency payouts just yet ;)
Thanks fella,no offence taken atall, thats why i was asking cause i dont have a clue,i'll just stick with getting stared. thanks for your help, one last thing tho whats ur opinion on sponsorhouse.com shall i leave that aswell and just get myself to the track and race.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
tonyshowtime said:
Thanks fella,no offence taken atall, thats why i was asking cause i dont have a clue,i'll just stick with getting stared. thanks for your help, one last thing tho whats ur opinion on sponsorhouse.com shall i leave that aswell and just get myself to the track and race.
The racers on the WERA board rave about sponsor house. The application I believe is only $50 and it more than pays for itself.

Lockhart Phillips also has something called team privateer that can get you discounts on certain race items. Also, a lot of the race glass companies give discounts if you hold a current race license.

Perreli pays out to a certain place by issuing certs good towards additional tires, I'm just not sure where to get them or how to get signed up.

·
Registered
486 Posts
tonyshowtime said:
Hi all,i have moved over from the UK and am starting racing, i'm gunna do CCS FL region and i'll hopefully make the last race of the season at homestead, but my questions are about what is all this contigency money about and can i get it,the thing is i dont even know what classes i will be running, i ride a CBR600RR, can someone run me through the whole thing slow time, i have heard about sponsorhouse.com but i haven't even rode yet so is that out of the question, so basically as a total new racer what can i do as i dont have a clue.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Tony

Make sure that you have some sort of advertising on your bike.............stickers work the best.

When you register that morning at the track (or online in advance) there will be a contingency form to fill out. If you run it and have a sticker for it, put it on the list. If this list isn't filled out and you didn't have the product displayed you won't get your cash.

As said before...................the best ones are tires, plastics..stuff like that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts