Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While i wait for new frame shims i'm tidying up loose ends, ordering bits and pieces etc.

At the battery there is a single wire that comes off the positive battery terminal with a plastic female plug about 3" from the terminal, can anyone tell me what it plugs in to?

Cheers
Paul.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is a 2007, you can see in the pic it's attached to the + terminal, it has a wire with a red terminal in it which the PO used for a power supply to a fan.

Attachments

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,892 Posts
that connector feeds fuses E (clock), F (fan motor), and G (EFI) in the fuse box with constant power.

it's pretty important to have it connected... lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that connector feeds fuses E (clock), F (fan motor), and G (EFI) in the fuse box with constant power.

it's pretty important to have it connected... lol
That's interesting, the HRC loom is a bit different then, like i said the PO used it as a fan supply which he rigged up as a manual on/off using the horn switch.
The HRC manual tells me to snip it off, just wanted to see if i'm missing anything before i do.

Might leave it intact until i've got it completely reassembled and confirmed it starts!

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,892 Posts
you never specified that this was an hrc harness. i can't comment on what it should be plugged in to as i don't have a drawing for that harness.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you never specified that this was an hrc harness. i can't comment on what it should be plugged in to as i don't have a drawing for that harness.

Yes, i know. Like i said, i know what it does in the HRC harness (Nothing) i want to know what it does in a std road bike.

Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts