Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 600rr-c with a Power commander V and autotune kit. Now i was hoping to set the air/fuel ratio for max torque/power throughout the rev range. Can someone point me in the right direction of wjat i will need to do to find this out please.

Many thanks

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,909 Posts
if it were that simple tuning wouldn't even be a business.

tuners don't just set a target AFR and put that across the board. of course you want "max torque/power throughout the rev range", so does everyone on the planet. who would want less?

if you think that there is a number that you can put in a box that will deliver this, you are in for a disappointment.

if you want your bike running absolutely optimally, you want to go to the best tuner you can find and bring money.

if you want your bike to run nicely, at a good safe AFR, go do some reading.

you won't get a magic number to solve all your problems.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah im currently reading but was asking on here hoping i can get some helpful tips.i was planning on investing in a custom map but I did ask a tuner yesterday who basically said its either one or the other. Its pointless having autotune and getting a custom map as the autotune will try to recorrect what has been done.

As far as dynojet i called but none of the technical support guys were around.
So i do try and do my research just tryingto explore all options with advice.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,791 Posts
Depends on the fuel but if you have 100% gasoline (no ethanol) in your tank then your target numbers will be 13.2 max power lean to 12.5 max power rich.

For gasoline with 10% ethanol content (E10) your target numbers will be a bit richer, 12.7 max power lean to 12.0 max power rich.

Most tuners i know run 13.2 with 100% gas & 12.7 with E10, i also tune my PCV but don't rely on the autotune function of the autotune module, most of the time they'll skip some cells that need the most tuning, for example i've struggled autotuning the 11,000 to 13,000 rpm range at 100% throttle on my HRC ECU which runs at 11.0 AFR on my POD300 datalogger, no matter how long & frequently i ran through those rev range the autotune couldn't give an adjustment so i stopped just turned off the autotune function & used the autotune module as a purely data collection module & manually adjusted all the cells. After a few runs i was able to lean out & develop a more linear AFR line on my fuel mapping.

HRC AMA ECU stock fuel mapping

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,791 Posts
My AFR at 100% after a few tuning runs & adjustments.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts