Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking off all the street stuff for my 600rr. Went to remove the hi/lo beam, horn, and turn signal controls and I had to disconnect a 12 pin electrical connector, and this other wire (the service manual refers to it has the clutch interlock switch cable). I'm not sure what this is and what it does.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I asked this question once and never could get a clear reply.

I was told that on a manual car it is used so that the clutch must be pushed down in order for power to be supplied to the starter. Therefor the clutch must be pushed in order to start the car.

I assumed that it was used on our bikes so that it could be started in gear as long as the clutch is pulled in.

I'm interested to hear others' opinions

·
Registered
397 Posts
Once the left hand switchgear is removed, the bike will only start in neutral as it doesn't have the switch to tell it that the clutch is pulled in. You can put a shorting wire in the correct two connector sockets so it will start in any gear, clutch in or out.

This is good if you stall on the start line so you can hit the starter button and go so you don't get asspacked by someone 3 rows back.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once the left hand switchgear is removed, the bike will only start in neutral as it doesn't have the switch to tell it that the clutch is pulled in. You can put a shorting wire in the correct two connector sockets so it will start in any gear, clutch in or out.

This is good if you stall on the start line so you can hit the starter button and go so you don't get asspacked by someone 3 rows back.
hmm shorting it seems like it could be a good and bad idea. i'd hate it accidentally hit the start button with the bike in gear haha

·
Registered
324 Posts
I would personally leave it on there. It's nice enough that they allow us to start it in gear with the clutch pulled in.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I left it in, and it saved my bacon a few times.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the only reason I took it off is to get rid of all the light controls and what not since I dont have lights anymore. The only thing is the clutch interlock is connected to the same control unit so I dont see how you would short it out other than by cutting the 12 pin connector.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts