Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is the difference between AMA and FIM supersport racing. In AMA it's Suzuki and Yamaha dominated and FIM is Honda dominated... whats the difference? I heard from someone that Honda didnt have factory teams in AMA 600 SS... can someone give me the scoop on this...

Edit: I am aware that they are different in terms of AMA is American and FIM is world but other than that are there rule differences that allow Honda to be more competitive in FIM? Also it's nice to see some Ducati's racing in FIM how come they are not in AMA?

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,852 Posts
i think you should go on their respective websites & download copies of their rules & regulations & compare.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Or I could ask for an answer in laymans terms as to what the differences are without reading rule books all day and trying to find small differences. Surely someone on here is into racing and knows what the differences are. If you've ever watched and ama race there might be one or two honda's finish decently. Watch FIM and the Honda's are killing Yamaha and Suzuki and Ducati, etc. There has to be a difference. And if anyone can clarify if Honda has a factory race team in AMA 600 SS it would be appreciated, I was told that Honda got all pissed about rule changes and at this time is not sponsoring a factory team in AMA 600 SS.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
HUGE difference

Ama allows mild engine work,smaller head gasket degreeing cams , ect.stock brake rotors,stock everything really.

Worldsupersport you can change the radiator ie:bigger,much more engine tuning.

World supersport bikes are MUCH faster than ama supersport bikes

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,852 Posts
actually Ten Kate is not an HRC backed factory team (well at least not fully backed), it's a team based in Holland where there's more 2stroke tuners per square kilometer than anywhere else in the world, usually the fastest 125cc & 250cc GP bikes you see in MotoGP racing are most likely Dutch tuned & what they have learned building 2stroke GP racing engines they succesfully transferred over to the 4stroke engine.

even the HRC engineers are puzzled over how much power Ten Kate gets on their WSS 600RR engine & what really drives HRC crazy is the fact that Ten Kate uses HRC kit parts on his bikes & still get more power than what HRC can do on their best day.

i believe the key is how Ten Kate massages the heads for airflow in & out the cylinders that gives them the extra 5hp HRC 600RR's lack.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts