Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference between the CBR600 F4i and the CBR 600 RR?? I'm new to all the nike stuff and want to get one, always been a hardcore Honda fan so its a no brainer for me to go with a Honda. Just want to know the difference. I appreciate the help.

thanks

phuced_up_skitso

·
Registered
618 Posts
Wait... Nike or Honda? I am confused?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Think of the 600RR as a F5i. A more advanced version of the F4i with a more sport slant.

The RR has centralized mass, long swing arm, 2 stage FI, close ratio trans, 32 bit processor, undertail exhust and possibly more you can't add to an F4i for cheap.

Some say the F4i is more comfortable. Riding position is really just seat, bars, pegs and ride height which can all be changed for a few hundred.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I assume your refering to your knowlege of honda cars:

think of the f4i as a 1992-1995 civic EX. has a 1.6 lter SOHC vtec power plant. was made popular due to good horsepower (realitively speaking) for its time, good handling, reliability, general good looks.

now think of the 600rr as a later model 1999-2001 civic SI. has a 1.6 DOHC vtec power plant. basically the same car that was given a slightly different stylye and was upgraded in the performance department.

Hope that made sense to anyone. the f4i is still a very good bike. Its very reliable, still looks cool, and very very capable tearing up some track. The 600rr is just taken a few steps up thanks to advancements in technology. It has a more agressive sitting positions and a little more track ready performance goodies.

·
Registered
419 Posts
the RR is more of a track bike but street legal

·
Registered
242 Posts
HAve you ever ridden a motorcycle before? I see you're posting things about how fast these 2 bikes are in comparison. Take an MSF course and an advanced riders course and you'll be safer and faster for it. Also, the RR and the F4i are both a LOT of bike for a beginner. It's easy to get overwhelmed if you don't know what you're doing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well from what people have said they are both really nice really fast bikes, is there something that would be even better to learn on. SUggestions for a really good beginner bike anyone?? I like Hondas in general alot but I can get something else too.

·
Registered
422 Posts
phuced_up_skitso said:
well from what people have said they are both really nice really fast bikes, is there something that would be even better to learn on. SUggestions for a really good beginner bike anyone?? I like Hondas in general alot but I can get something else too.
If you want to be a "fast" rider start small. Experienced riders will agree. This topic has been beat to death.. so do some more research before you decide to pick up a bike...

If you just want to pose and have a nice brand new bike go for a new one and invest in framesliders and keep a bank roll for when you drop it...(new plastics or whatev)

IF you want to go fast, and be able to USE a 'fast' bike, then get a small displacement older bike for cheap and sell it when you truly outgrow it. Learn the basics then learn to keep corner speed and throttle control. Also a bunch of small shite that youll learn along the way...

Its all about your priorities and budget. Some people cant admit they just want a bike to pose on. Real bikers respect a fast rider not nessicerily a fast bike. Even though the new bikes are real nice to drool over.

Either way good luck and welcome to the site man. This is a great board with some good personalities.

·
Registered
919 Posts
hardcore Honda fan so its a no brainer for me to go with a Honda.
How does someone say this yet they know nothing. Hardcore usually means you eat, sleep and for sure read a hell of allot of mags to get all the major details. For the most part we just pull out the super fine details. And find out ways to make it better. Oh yeah and since you said you are a beginner, please for goodness sakes dont get either get a 500 for 6 months to a year take the MSF course or comparible. Then come back to the supersport 600's you will enjoy the bikes much more since you will be able to appreciate what they can do. The CBR600 F4i or RR are NOT BEGINNER BIKES!!!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
The CBR600 F4i or RR are NOT BEGINNER BIKES!!!
This advise will save you alot of money, and skin. But unfortunatly the only some what beginner bike Honda has is the 599, and that is still a very fast bike. Get a used SV650, and then sell it to me when you think that you've out grown it...I need a track only bike BAD!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How does someone say this yet they know nothing. Hardcore usually means you eat, sleep and for sure read a hell of allot of mags to get all the major details
My knowledge rests in cars only,until recently bikes never caught my intrest

·
Registered
919 Posts
My knowledge rests in cars only,until recently bikes never caught my intrest
Cars are so much different then motorcyles, given the obvious. But in a way that they are not as forgiving as a car is. You screw up or make a mistake on a bike and it could be monumental. I think for the most part you will find many different anwers but usually two catigories.
1. The its ok to get any modern day sport bike as your first bike crowd (I did types).
2. The more conservative, get a 250-500cc bike learn and take the MSF course crowd.

I for 1 always recommend option #2. And I often have people ask me why. Well its for the obvious as I said above but more importantly I love this sport, the people the continuous march in technology and the fact that what I say or suggest or recommend can have a profound impact on a persons life. And in the end I want to know that if a person takes my recommendation then the possibility of a long life in this sport is a higher possibility. The worst thing a person could do in my eyes is to take the quick road to satisfaction then have a minor or even a major incident then that peson may possible hate every aspect of this great sport. Beside the long recommendations is but a year at most.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Get an old beater. Once you become more experienced, you will understand. My friend learned on a goldwing and was thankfull he listened to my advise after dropping it 4 times... but I didnt advise him on the goldwing.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Both are too much bike to start with.

1) Take the MSF course.
2) Start small-Suzuki gs500, Kawasaki ex500 are good first bikes. They're not Honda's but they're only temporary. Ride it for a year or so. Then buy the Honda.
3) read "Sport Riding techniques" by Nick Iensatch. Great reading for the budding sportbike owner. Will explain lots.

Good luck.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts