1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
A waste of space.

·
Registered
152 Posts
It's a running light much like vehicles (not sure if they do in the states) have lights on when the vehicle is running. Not exactly a headlight but visible to oncoming traffic none the less.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Its kinda like how K.I.T from Nightrider has that light in the middle of his bumper.

·
Registered
113 Posts
From what I understand its so cars don't think its just another car with a blown headlight(single) coming at them.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Its almost impossible to discern the third eye from the main headlights at the distance a cager should acknowledge that a bike is coming at them, not a car.

The primary way I can tell the difference between a bike and a car with a burned out headlamp is that bike headlights are usually higher intensity and tend to "flash" to the observer as the bikes suspension bounces with little undulations in the roadway.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The "Daylight" is commonly seen on Euro bikes in one form or another as they are not required to run full lights like in the US during the daylight hours.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
The "Daylight" is commonly seen on Euro bikes in one form or another as they are not required to run full lights like in the US during the daylight hours.
That little light has been one of lifes real mysteries for me....and now it is solved!
:book1: Thanks to reading this!

·
Registered
606 Posts
the all-knowing 3rd eye -

i believe it was made because

A. it looks cool
B. takes up necessary space
C. it creates the extra light necessary so cars will really know that ur a bike coming up when they glance in their rear-view

1 - 16 of 16 Posts