Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this would be a fun thread to ask:

What is the strangest thing that you have hit on your Motorcycle?

Aside from your normal bugs and stuff going inside your helmet and all, the strangest thing I've hit or rather hit me was a log that came undone off a semi.

One flew over my head missing me by a few inches, and the other hit and bounced off my right side busting up my radiator. God was protecting me! I was surprised it didn't knock me off or make my bike wobble when it the right side.

Then I had your regular cig butts, pebbles, trash paper and stuff, but the above was the most terrifying thing. I mean, I saw my life flash before my eyes in slow motion.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
I haven't done it yet, but I've wanted to "hit" my girlfriend on my bike...just to say I did :)

hehe, I've mentioned it to her as a threesome, since I consider my bikes my other girlfriends. She's pretty appauled by the idea, but someday it will happen...After all, I've already decided that my first born son will be conceived and born on a bike.

Sorry, I've gone way off topic here. I stayed up till 3AM last night painting my bike; I think the sleep depravation and the paint fumes have gotten to me...

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
half a tire, not the whole tire, just like half the threading, off what looked lie a 18 wheeler tire, i thought i was done, but i rode right over it.
That one was all God.

Now to hit the actual the bike. id have to say a piece of wood that hell off a truck, not thick, like a grass, like, a sugar cane looking piece.

·
Registered
919 Posts
kern05rr said:
one of my buddies hit a wild turkey mid flight, almost took him clean off the bike.
I hit a turkey vulture or a buzzard with my helmet going around 100... scared the sh1t out of me. I heard his claws scraping across the top of my lid.

scared the sh1t out of the vulture too... i have pics of some of the crap he spewed onto the windshield. not pretty

·
Registered
415 Posts
i hit a huge bird with the front of my bike going about 120. the bird exploded. have u seen that vid of the pitcher that hits the bird and it just explodes and feathers go every where??? well thats exactly what my friend said it looked like

·
Registered
306 Posts
I ran over a basketball @ 70mph. It rolled right out into the road. I saw it and thought, "jeebus, I'm going to hit that thing". I just relaxed and hit is square with the front tire. I heard a pop and when I looked in my mirror both of my tires had rolled right through the ball. It was in the middle of the road with a little valley cut right through it. It didn't even upset the bike one bit! I was upset though and turned around and headed to the house.

·
Registered
222 Posts
was riding one day, having a blast and then a hit a horrible thunderstorm. lightning was hitting frequently within a 100yds, seemed like it was 10ft at the time. It did hit a tree that was way too close for comfort. i thought it better to stay on the rubber and try ride it out. Well the rain came harder and harder and i could barely see. plenty of sticks and branches had fallen in the road all of which i avoided... all but the poor little turtle!! I didn't see it until the last second and hit it square with both tires!! i remember riding out of that storm and pulled off onto an overlook completely soaked, i watched the sun coming out from some of the blackest clouds iv'e ever seen and it was a strangely incredible feeling...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Tuesday I had some redneck toss a huge wad of chew out his window and I didn't see it in time to evade it completely. It hit the left side of my windscreen and splattered all over the left side of my jacket and back across the tank. About the only time I had hoped it would start raining while I was on the bike. It was nasty.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I’ve hit driftwood before.

When I was living in Bermuda, I practiced stunting up at an old military base by the sea – came off the tank in a crucifix, bike kept going, left the car park, across the street, the beach, and hit a huge driftwood log. Broke my shoulder, but at least didn’t hit any cars……

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
I would have rode up next to him and through what chew was left on your windscreen back at him.

fusion said:
Tuesday I had some redneck toss a huge wad of chew out his window and I didn't see it in time to evade it completely. It hit the left side of my windscreen and splattered all over the left side of my jacket and back across the tank. About the only time I had hoped it would start raining while I was on the bike. It was nasty.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I "hit" my ex girlfriend on my old 954 haha! Aside from that, I would say the strangest thing i've hit while the bike was in motion was a truck tire. Whipped me in the shin and sent me flying into the air but i managed to ride it out ...

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I've hit a buzzard a couple of years back, recently a 9 iron.

·
Registered
385 Posts
kern05rr said:
one of my buddies hit a wild turkey mid flight, almost took him clean off the bike.
I was riding behind my dad once when he almost hit one of those doing ~70 mph. Damn thing must have weighed 40 lbs.

It frightens me to think what might have happened if he'd hit it.

The strangest thing I've hit was one of my buddies bikes. We took off from a stop sign together and he killed his bike about halfway through the intersection. My knee smacked his exhaust as I went by. Hurt like a bitch.

·
Registered
105 Posts
erw43 said:
I would have rode up next to him and through what chew was left on your windscreen back at him.
I rode up next to him and he cut over to the far right lane and took the next exit real quick. From the look on his face, I think he might have thought I was going to put a few dents in his truck or take out his mirror.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Disco said:
I haven't done it yet, but I've wanted to "hit" my girlfriend on my bike...just to say I did :)

hehe, I've mentioned it to her as a threesome, since I consider my bikes my other girlfriends. She's pretty appauled by the idea, but someday it will happen...After all, I've already decided that my first born son will be conceived and born on a bike.

Sorry, I've gone way off topic here. I stayed up till 3AM last night painting my bike; I think the sleep depravation and the paint fumes have gotten to me...
well i didn't go to sleep at all last night, and you know what the sleep deprivation made me do? put my intrinsic tripple up for sale... http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=50962

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
~BLACK ICE~ said:
things i have HIT:
1.) sworm of beez
2.) another moto .... hahahaha
3.) blown up tire on freeway
I've gone in to a swarm of bees too, that sh*t is crazy, like you're being shot with a melee of little paintballs.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts