Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i've noticed recently that when coming to a stop while using the front brake, the bike sounds like it's "rubbing" against something. Every now and then it'll do it throughout a day of riding.

i can't really describe the sound, but it's like a rubbing or grinding. this is only when braking to a stop or applying a good ammount of the brake.

any ideas what this could be? maybe clean and lube the chain again? any advice would be greatly appreciated!

-Splatter

·
Registered
429 Posts
It's normal, I don't think you need to worry. Kind of a whirring sound?

·
Registered
907 Posts
yeah the rotors make a tiny little clunking noise and a WHURRRRRRRR noise when you get on them hard. Have you checked your brake pads?

I don't think it would be the chain cause it makes the same noise regardless of if your braking or not. I good cleaning and lubing couldn't hurt anything though.

·
Registered
907 Posts
i would never say don't worry about it without hearing it myself. I'm just saying that the rotors do make noise when braking hard. If you've never noticed it before or it seems louder than usual, definitely get it looked at. Only other thing i could think of is maybe wheel bearings...

My brothers wheel bearings just went bad on his bike but it was more of a constant squeeking noise, not clunking.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have sounds coming from my front rotor too, but it seems normal (friction between anything will cause sounds). If it does trouble you though, I would have it checked out. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
there is this grinding sound when i get on my brakes..... its like something is rubbing against something else... like the brake pads could actually be rubbing against the disks but im not sure.... help me out guys.

lol sorry dude... its normal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts