Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the other bikes I have riden have has a switch/lever on the left side. On my 04 600rr there isnt the traditional 3 postition switch there. There is a knob there that just turns there are no positions on it. My question is what the heck it that knob for? It seems like it just turns and doesnt have a stop or atleast that i noticed.

Somebody please help me, I like to have it figured out by the time i get my bike back together. I finally got the last part in i needed to fix my bike after laying it down.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
ummm mine has a switch on the left side...but its my heated grips switch :)
not sure which switch ur talking about? what part of the bike?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have to agree I also believe its the idle knob. I hope he reads this before he starts the bike.

·
Fabulous Disaster
327 Posts
On the other bikes I have riden have has a switch/lever on the left side. On my 04 600rr there isnt the traditional 3 postition switch there. There is a knob there that just turns there are no positions on it. My question is what the heck it that knob for? It seems like it just turns and doesnt have a stop or atleast that i noticed.

Somebody please help me, I like to have it figured out by the time i get my bike back together. I finally got the last part in i needed to fix my bike after laying it down.
Ok, ok, sorry for having a little fun at your expense. On a serious note, you could go to ronayers.com and check out the online microfiche for the breakdown of all the parts. If you find it and still don't know what it is or what it does, let me know or post up the part number and description and someone will help you out.

·
Registered
810 Posts

The 3 position switch he is talking about is normally the FUEL Tap. On, Off & Reserve.
You don't have that.
As previously stated the other knob that turns is for idle adjustment. - stop playing with it....

·
Registered
57 Posts
haha i learned mine the hard way too.. i had just bought the bike and played with the knob.. with 16K on the odometer i was skeptical about the bike already.. and when it started galloping (almost like it was cammed) i freaked out a little bit. Apparently it was turned down a little much :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts