Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm changing out my Reg/Rec on my 03 and came accross this white powder stuff... Does anyone know what it is or where it comes from? It's everywhere. I did not locate any leaks or any source that I can see. Doesn't taste like cocaine so I'm stumped ????? (just kidding about the cocaine)

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
at first without reading the text i was gonna say FUSE BOX!

i dunno..maybe its just from the road?
haha... thats what I thought at first but then I found it in places that "road grime" doesn't really get to.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
All I can think of is soap suds that trickled down the bike over the years. Since you live in CA I know it's not road salt.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All I can think of is soap suds that trickled down the bike over the years. Since you live in CA I know it's not road salt.

hmmmmm... didn't cross my mind! Thanks bud! It doesn't look like it's harming anything so I'm not going to worry to much about it! Appriciate it! Bike it due for a detailed cleaning so I'm going to clean it off and see if it comes back.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not a big deal but...... if it does come back, check all your coolant lines. Coolant spray will sometimes look like that if you have a small leak around a coolant line or fitting. I just had an issue where my coolant line was leaking that fit to the water pump/thermostat housing... had that kind of look to it. Just food for thought to check the coolant lines.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
corrosion from air humidity.

bay area is quite foggy during mornings and the condensation collects around any particles.

about normal for 10 yrs old.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts