Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

What is wrong with BARF members....

1K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Liquid 
#1 ·
my friend posted up there asking what a good first bike was, and all they did was flame him and yell at him and stuff. its at 4 pages now and theres only like 5 replys to his actaully question... i mean i see these guys on the road all the time and there all cool but on the forum there ashats to everyone who has less then 50 post... are they all n00bs and insecure or something? whats up... Ide also like to say how helpful and nice people are on this forum, when i was a n00b (still am haha) no one flamed they answered my questions and told me my mistakes nicely like Fellow Riders do! sorry about the rant it just pisses me off, i have never seen such people on a forum before...

#2 ·
From what I've seen so far, it's not comon beavihor on this forum flaming other users.... Se my case for an instance, my english is terrible and until today no one flamed because of that. In here it's all nice people.

:mrgreen:

#4 ·
You know what bro, I just read all 4 pages of that post and 90% of it was good advice. Maybe its not the advice you or your friend are looking for but as one member stated "you have to learn to take the good and leave the bad behind" and "grow thick skin". Has your friend even driven on the road yet? Does he have his M1? does he have a class C?

He had some options as far as bikes go and most people said the SV650 would be a good bike. I know the 250's or 500's isn't what your friend is looking for.

Seems like you have a problem with what members advised and not your friend.

#6 ·
You know what the problem is, it's the expectation and hopeful acceptance of other people seeing it your way. Most people know they shouldn't start off with (using an extreme exaggeration) getting a liter race bike. Yet some new riders ask that question on which bike is better or what's wrong with getting this or that bike. They are finding a way to justify their decision, but when experience riders try to tell otherwise, they just get mad. Granted some people posting are a-holes anyways.

Great analogy: Just think of it as your dad trying to tell you some good advice when you were a teen, but you being a teen, you thought you knew everything and old man dad doesn't know what he's talking about. Many times in the end, your dad was right.

btw, there's a few riders here that started off on an RR and they are doing fine. Key words: few, the rest, well, I don't see them posting anymore.

#9 ·
cvlighthouse, lol!!! very true! i think some of the members on this site get the same way after a while - newer guys asking the same questions over and again.

oh, and do a asearch for exhausts - i'm sure there will be plenty of help for you. ;-) :bounce:

#12 ·
Ya know, I agree with CV and Nando. (No coincidence we are BARF local members too. :lol2: ) And booR too. Sure, BARF is has its share of a$$es, but it represents an accurate cross section of the population. Everybody has an opinion. Some are willing to share it (and push it ) more than others. Why should they feel the need to be all peace-and-love and kumbaya on an online forum? If you can't accept that, stay out of BARF. Otherwise....learn to take the good and the bad. Yes, BARF is full of BS sometimes -- that's what happens when you've grown to almost 10,000 members -- but it's also full of valuable, real-world insight from very experienced riders, in a geographic region that has among the highest concentration of riders in the country.

Frankly, I've gotten tired of that same question too, and I typically won't even respond unless I think the person is actually willing to consider my answer. (I think the SV650 is a GREAT first bike, heck, I still wish I had mine.)

noob: What's a good first bike?
BARF: SV650, EX500, 250.
noob: I want an R6/RR/GSXR.
BARF: Don't do it.
noob: F you, BARF sucks, you're all a$$holes.

I've grown tired of people asking the question and then get pi$$y because they didn't get the answers the wanted to hear. It is SO common. It's the same thing, over and over again.

#13 ·
Mig said:
From what I've seen so far, it's not comon beavihor on this forum flaming other users.... Se my case for an instance, my english is terrible and until today no one flamed because of that. In here it's all nice people.

:mrgreen:
Mig, the sad thing is that your English spelling and grammar is actually better than that of most of the American population. :lol2:

#15 ·
Barf is really a political site. If they don't know u they pick on you. If it's something that someone can make fun of they will. Bud Bandit is on of the worst. He's an old fat guy who rides will but kind of an ass on the board. But they get the same questions over and over and people get tired of it because they have heard it so many times.

I was born and raised in the Bay Area. That's where I started riding and with those people. So I know exactly what your talking about.

I can't stand it when people ask what's the "Best" such and such for this purpose. It's such an open question and opinion is going to be what u get rather then fact.

But for your friends question in my opinion go check out bikes. Find what fits him best, find what he can afford and most of all what he can control in a safe manor with his experiance and maturity level.

#18 ·
Everybody who is just starting out on bikes knows what bikes they should be looking at. They just want testimonials from the ones that started out on bigger, faster bikes. My reply is always the same...If your level headed, logical and apply a step by step approach to everything you do, then basically get what you want. Either that or i just don't answer anymore cause they won't listen anyway. After all, The beginner bikes aren't kewl enough!! :roll:

#19 ·
BARF has .. different rules :lol2:

Flaming is EXPECTED, especially with newbies. You gotta grow a thick skin if you wanna hang out on BARF. The BARF members are a chummy bunch when you get to know them, but the BARF lameness tolerance is pretty damn low. It's just the nature of the site. People are VOCAL on BARF. With that being said, I read the comments on the thread, and really, the advice they gave him is par for the course, and a lot of it good. If he had done a search, he would have seen the topic covered ad nauseum.

As I said, it's the nature of the site.

oh, BTW, I'm a proud BARFer myself, so take what I say with a grain of salt :bounce:

#20 ·
What they said on that thread is pretty much what you'd get anywhere. The kid asked for advice but gave a list of the bikes he's willign to pick from. I realy don't get it .. You can read thousands of reviews on those bikes. Pick from the best. He opened his mouth, they responded, he whined cussed cuz they didn't say what he wanted to hear, they re-enforced their opinions.

Personaly. I think the kid just wanted to have BARF reinforce his decision to pick from the list rather than hearing what true riders believe newbs should do.

I think it's kinda funny he wants to take to the highway on a bike before car. atleast thats the drift I'm getting. Until ya learn traffic it's realy realy realy stupid to be on a bike imho. But if he wants to be a statistic. Nothin will stop em.

BrownBo - the old phrase was "Ask em while their young and know everything" .. thats how my gramma phrases it anyawy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.