Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Quick version: Crashed. Rebuilding into a streetfighter. Damage was mostly to the left side... stator cover, flywheel, etc. Fixed all of that. Now, the bike runs, but the clutch wont disengage. I removed the right-side engine case, and all the gears seem to be in tact. Every time I start it and kick it into first, it lurches and stalls. Cable is connected, etc. I even moved the lever (over the engine case) with my hand and nothing. There is no resistance on the lever either (besides the slight amount the spring provides). Anyone have an idea? Oh, and there is not too much oil... I checked that. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
i would check the cable? i know u checked to see if it was connected but check the cable.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^^^^^^^^^
I did disconnect the cable from the cover. Moved the lever by hand. Can't get the clutch to disengage. Won't disengage ever, no matter what. I have no idea why. :banghead:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
maybe the shaft that actuates the clutch isnt installed properly?
I took off the cover. All the gears seem to be in tact. The rod that actuates the clutch catches another shaft when turned. I think its supposed to pull it out. It seems like that is all connected properly, but I cant get the clutch to disengage. I even tried to pull it out by hand, and I cant move it.
Is there a chance that one of the internal clutch springs is damaged from the crash?
This is frustrating.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What would be visibly wrong? Broken spring or something? Could that have happened from the crash?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts