1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Banned
2,603 Posts

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
what is the listed speed limit were ur at
65 most places, 70 in some. I usually try to keep it less than 15 over. Everyone I know that gets ticketed on the freeway is at least doing that. I also know that I have a little extra leeway due to the inaccuracy of the speedo. So 80 indicated is more like 77-78.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The speedlimit here in Salt Lake is 65 we all go 80-82. I've never been pulled over, no tickets in years. That being said, our speedlimits outside of the city are 75 - 80 mph.

Shaw

·
Registered
101 Posts
70-80 depending on if I'm passing big rigs. The turbulence they cause when I pass them is a bit rough sometimes.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
GA interstate speed limit 70 - usually ride around 75-80 if i even ride on it, interstates are too straight and boring
GA highway speed limit 55 - usually ride around 62-63

·
Registered
996 Posts
I normally don't like to be the leader speeding. So in Vegas, there is always someone going faster so I just get behind them. I wanna say the speed limit on the 2 interstates are like 70. But I've found no problem finding packs doing 15-20 over. I even slowed down out of a pack of about 4 cars doing 85+ cause of a cop. they slowed down to about 5 over and passed the cop. about 2-3 min. later they were far enough away and took off again. lol. I just don't want to pay a ticket. So i've been really cautious. then again... once i get back from my deployment, who know... lol.

·
Registered
444 Posts
it depends on how heavy traffic is of course, and if I know the highway and cop spots.. usually it's around 70-80 with the occasional burst of speed.. I try to stay moving alittle faster then traffic, and I don't like to be around cars if there's gaps in the traffic.. I did a 520 conversion on my bike going -1 in the front with no speedohealer, so now who knows...

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
80 in a 70, 95-115 in a 55 mph mountain highway in corners only, 80 in boring straights, 65 if we know it's a good cop hideout place.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.