Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many miles have you put on your bike?
i just bought my first honda 4 weeks ago and i have 2089 miles.
how long does these puppies last?

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
Five digits, I have seen Honda sport bike into the 6 digits. Its all about maintence as you stated and your riding style if you beat the sh^t out of your bike well the longevity won't be as good. There is a difference between getting on your bike and seeing whats shes got and kicking its ass however.

Did you start at zero though? Your bike can last you well into the high 5 digits with proper maintenance.

·
Registered
82 Posts
my bike has only 6700 miles and is a 2006, however, I bought the bike the same time as one of my friends, same model, has 20,000 miles and still rides perfect!

·
Registered
579 Posts
0 miles bought june 08 - 07rr

currently 7200 miles and i dont ride november to feburary

·
Registered
248 Posts
Purchased my 07RR new (1 mile on it) in August 08 and I'm up to 7965 miles. Looks and runs like it came off the showroom floor.

·
Registered
646 Posts
bought 03 600rr in june of 08 with 6458 miles, broken clutch at 6546 two weeks later that destroyed the bike

been rebuilding for the last year and i've been riding again for the past 2 months.

now i have 8988 miles.

·
Registered
820 Posts
06 rolling up on 6k now and have seen its share of the rev limiter and trackdays

03 rolling over 30,000 runs just as strong as the day i bought her with 0 miles except she is smoking now not much just when i bounce it off the limiter

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I bought my '04 F4i brand new 10-17-04 with 3 miles on the clock. Now currently at 154,108 miles, motor is all original and still running as good and strong as the day I bought her! :01_thumbu

·
Registered
532 Posts
most bikes are pretty much the same but depending on the parts used and how well they were put together and the chemical difference in the part made this week and that week and blah blah blah how long they last can vary. It also depends on how hard the bike is ridden, broken in, and maintained. A bike can last anywhere from 60k (or less if you reck it or some other circumstances) to 150k or maybe more if you get a really good one and keep it immaculate condition. Japanese tend to last longer, esp honda. But if you plan on selling your bike most people dont want a bike over 20k mi

1 - 20 of 55 Posts