Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious as to other people's experiences with their local "official dealer". I'm not talking about the small shops...I'm talking about the major player in town.

I've dealt with mine twice. The first time I needed a part for my 450r. I called to see if they had it. They couldn't figure out what I was talking about on their diagram. I had to tell the parts counter girl what diagram to look at, the part it was, still no idea. I described what it looked like...still no idea. (I was driving in car...otherwise I would have just called with the part number:banghead:) I finally ended up stopping there on my way out of town and pulled up the diagram and found the part...on their PC at the dealership. It blew my mind that they couldn't find the fuel line or the part number for it....(P.S. Its a formed S shape line so normal stuff wont work)

The next time I dealt with them I needed a tire for the bike mounted. Got charged and additional $20 for parts. The parts were the 2 tiny little wheel weights. I figured that was part of the $35 mount and balance cost. Wrong. Ended up costing me $55 to get a tire mounted.

To sum it up...I only support the little guy shops now:banger:

·
Registered
55 Posts
the local honda dealership closed a while back leaving only 2 places in town.. the one is a medium size at best and deals only kawasaki and used.. the biggest in town deals mainly yamaha.. he bought out the suzuki and honda dealers.. so technically he is the authorized dealers but still mainly only stocks yamahas. and he thinks very highly of his stuff so to say hes over priced is an understatement.. i avoid his shop at all costs... i too only use the small guys...

·
Registered
551 Posts
When I took my bike into my local dealer to get a new tire they got oil all over my new fairings and they tried to get it off they just made it worse and the only thing I got was a "oops I'm sorry" no here's a 10 dollar gift card no well here's a free key chain nothing

Sent from my PG86100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Testicular Fortitude
8,952 Posts
Bunch of idiots at the cycle gear I goto.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
The guys and girls at the dealers are tards for sure. The only place I've got my bike serviced is a place that specializes in triumphs and they do great work and are a bunch of cool dudes. However, it's pretty expensive and I now do all my own work. And choose to mostly buy online.

·
Registered
426 Posts
There isn't any big dealerships,only motorcycle place is Cycle World and they're so overpriced.Only things I get from them is...well nothing now that I think about it haha.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
eh they are ok. I normally shoot the **** with them when I stop by, but my shop to get service such as valves, suspension, spark plugs. His work is top notch and attention to detail is great. I drive 50 miles just to go to his shop when I have 3 or 5 just less then 2 miles from me.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
i make every effort to avoid the STEALership!

Bunch of idiots at the cycle gear I goto.

i sent my boy to the local cycle gear to replace a rear tire on his jacked up r1, ohlins susp, machined wheels ti exhaust brembo etc..
they told him dunlop qualifier was as good as a pirelli dc3, lol
after he insisted and waited for a dc3.... they installed it backwards!:drunk:

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
My dealership is the ****.... There are dealerships closer but I won't go to anyone else because they are that awesome.
Wilsons? I don't like Sanders. Every time I go in there it's like I don't exist. I bought my bike from Tulare Honda, but I didn't really like them either. Small selection and unless you want a bike they don't really notice you. D & E has some merchandise sometimes but I hardly go in there. Last time I went was to install a tire since Cycle Gear was backed up and they took all day to do it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
local don't know crap ... especially the small dealers. Doing my own research and getting myself ...

happy riding;

·
Registered
71 Posts
The dealerships around my area suck! I will never go to Whilly World Cycles again thats why i just buy the service manual and become a DIYer

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Only thing I buy from my Honda dealer is oil and oem filter, everything else is online and do the work myself. If I need major work done I have a buddy who works at a shop and helps me out when he can or lends me the proper tools for the job.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
152 Posts
My dealership is good, and normally has or can get anything i want, but they always have the highest price, unless something is on sale from left over stock... i stopped in there for a body clip last week, they didnt have the one i needed, but they helped me find a clip that would work.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Only thing I buy from my Honda dealer is oil and oem filter, everything else is online and do the work myself. If I need major work done I have a buddy who works at a shop and helps me out when he can or lends me the proper tools for the job.
Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Same here.

And regarding the cycle world shops... I don't know how anyone in their right minds could buy a bike there. The one down here in Baltimore is so overpriced it's ridiculous. Had a 05 600rr for $,7000 that looked beat to hell. Wat. :what:

Sent from my ADR6350 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
the ones in RI are all stuck up and over priced, but i love ricky hendrick performance in charlotte, nc. i've bought 3 bikes from them, and when i need parts they ship them to me up here for less than the local stores. when i bought the 250 they gave me a price over the phone and held it for me to drive down and get it without even taking a deposit. i fully plan on getting my next bike from them

·
Registered
14,356 Posts
My local dealer is AF-1. They also host http://www.apriliaforum.com/ and have a HUGE online presence. They treat me and my bike VERY well.

The local Honda shop is Woods and they can bite me.I bought my '08 1KRR from them brand new and when they tried to charge basically li8st price for tires I was told that if I would have purchased the additional VIP package I would have gotten a discount on parts. They also wouldn't fight for me when my bike turned out to be an oil burner. Honda? Not anytime soon, not a new bike anyhow.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts