Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I get asked this question constantly, and I never know how to respond. First, I have to take into account if the person asking really gives a **** or if they're the type of person who would ask me if I rode today when I'm carrying my ******* helmet in my hand. Then, I need to consider how much they know about motorcyles. It is important that you do not overestimate the intelligence of the person who is asking the question.

If the person asking seems reasonably interested but I get the impression they're completely and utterly clueless, I usually just reply that it's a Honda 600cc. However, this is not take into account the possibility they could assume I'm on a Honda 600cc cruiser, or Honda 600cc dirtbike. However I don't think saying Honda CBR600RR would clear the matter up at all since they, once again, are completely and utterly clueless. And I'm certainly never uttering the words "crotch rocket."

So what do you say? :all_cohol

G

·
I always point to a bicycle rack and say "My huffy". If the person does seem interested though, I'll talk with them about it, but I don't like talking to people I don't know much. If someone starts with that "do you ride a motorcycle" **** when I'm somewhere in a full suit and holding my helmet, I just ignore them and act like music is playing on my iPod.

G

·
I always point to a bicycle rack and say "My huffy". If the person does seem interested though, I'll talk with them about it, but I don't like talking to people I don't know much. If someone starts with that "do you ride a motorcycle" **** when I'm somewhere in a full suit and holding my helmet, I just ignore them and act like music is playing on my iPod.
that's hilarious! they probly feel twice as stupid then............

I jus say a Honda, and try to walk away. Feel like a big ash snowman in all my gear...lol

G

·
that's hilarious! they probly feel twice as stupid then............

I jus say a Honda, and try to walk away. Feel like a big ash snowman in all my gear...lol
They don't believe me most of the time, although I have ridden my bicycle somewhere in full race gear.

·
Street BOTM Winner 10/11
4,320 Posts
scince i ripped off most of my decals, most ppl ask what size is it? and i'll just tell 'em its a 600.
but to answer your question; i just say "its a honda cbr600rr". its simple and straight to the point.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just say it is a Scooter

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Sometimes I just tell them..... "it's one of those ninja bikes!"

To many that pretty much sums it up for all of them anyways. I've gotten people before that asked me what kind of bike I had, and I replied "Honda CBR", and then they'd ask me.... "oh is that one of those ninja bikes?" LOL. It's usually older people that I get that from

I just kinda roll my eyes.... "yea, it's one of those ninja bikes"

·
BOTM 07/09
1,693 Posts
lol, that's nothing. The first thing I get is. Do you ride a ninja? Is that the only kinda of bike people know about?
I hear ya on that one :icon_lol:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
scince i ripped off most of my decals, most ppl ask what size is it?
Ah yes I get that too. Except I put 250 decals on the tail. :icon_lol:

The best was when some random guy was looking at my bike as I walked up, and he's like "Is this a BMW?"

Uhhhhh, no. It still says Honda on the case covers. :all_cohol

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Just say it's a Honda. If they ask, and can't read the very visible Honda branded stickers on the tank and lower plastics, then they obviously aren't going to give two shits if I tell them it's a Honda CBR 600RR.

I did have a kid see me in my gear and say "You better not ride anything smaller than a 750." He caught me leaving outside, bike right in front of him, and asks me if it's a "Honda 1000." I keep my talking to tools to a minimal.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Then, I need to consider how much they know about motorcyles. It is important that you do not overestimate the intelligence of the person who is asking the question.
I totally understand what you're talking about, and yes, it does affect the answer I give to people when they ask.

If it's a guy my age, i'll usually say "Honda CBR 600rr". If it's a girl or an older person I'll usually say a "Honda sport bike", and be prepared to give additional information if they seem interested.

Hahaha and yes, the "Ninja" reference seems to always come up too hahhaha.

G

·
All I say is 600rr. If they know what I'm talking about they'll ask more questions. Most people have no idea and just go ok, or cool, or grunt or something.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I usually just say it's a sportbike, i mean even people who are utterlessly clueless can identify a "sportsbike" ...if they ask what kind on top of that then i usually just tell them and go on my way, no harm done by someone asking.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts