Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I upgraded from an F3 to an 03' 600RR a few weeks ago. My F3 used to get awsome millage......close to 40mph if I didn't ride it to hard.

With my new RR I can only get around 120 miles per tank of fuel...that's only around 26mpg.

Is that normal for an RR? What kind of millage do you guys get?

If that is normal...why? Is is because it's making much more power than my old F3?

Thanks for the info :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
26mpg is very bad. Are you sure you're really getting that little of mileage from a tank? Or is that just when you only have 1 bar left on the gauge? I usually fill up when I have 1 bar left and I put in about 3.3 gallons, which means I still had plenty of fuel left. I found that I get anywhere from 33 to 36 mpg. What I do is reset my trip odometer everytime I fill up and then when I fuel up, I calculate my mileage. My high was about 37, and my low was 31.

·
Registered
665 Posts
There's quite a few open threads on this subject if you search...

I personally don't get more than 100 miles per tank - but I really love the throttle and live in LA.

From reading past posts I would say 120 miles per tank is about average.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've gotten as low as 34mpg and as high as 44mpg. The 44mpg was on a long trip, mostly freeway cruzing. I've pushed the tank to 170mi but wouldn't recomend it to often, It was way empty.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I`ve done about 187 miles on one tank. Still had 0,3 liters left! :mrgreen:

But when my bike was new I could not get anywhere near that high milage...

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
imq707s said:
My bike only has 2800 miles on it. Could the motor still need to loosen up a bit?
Check your math first and your tire pressure second. I'm thinking you just messed up the math. Do a few more tanks and see what you get. If your only getting 100 miles to the tank your tailpipe would be really soot black and you would smell the raw fuel.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I think it depends how you ride. I did get 186miles out of a take but ran out of gas lol. I get around 120 to 150 depending how I ride around town. at the track on friday I got 100miles out of the tank before I had to fill her back up

·
Registered
346 Posts
off topic, but how do you fill up the gas to the maximum? since the bike is a lil bit to the left when putting the kickstand down..

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
I've always gotten 30 ish per gallon but I 'm never on the highway, usually through the twisties and or town.

That's still better than my 4.0L jeep, I really need to pull that Stage 2 chip, that thing dropped me down to 12mpg. But it's too much fun, I'll suck it up and pay it.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Ive got 360 or so miles on mine and I have almost went through 3 tanks of gas. I have one bar showing now from the 3rd tank. So from what I figure its about 27 miles to the gallon. I cant resist rolling the right grip back though.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts