Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think 91/93 octane goes without saying, but do you guys have a specific brand you like? I've been putting nothing but Chevron premium in my bike lately and it feels like it runs so much better than when I used to use Sinclair gas.

It's probably just a psychological thing, but I'm curious if anyone else has a brand preference when it comes to pump gas, and why?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I think 91/93 octane goes without saying, but do you guys have a specific brand you like? I've been putting nothing but Chevron premium in my bike lately and it feels like it runs so much better than when I used to use Sinclair gas.

It's probably just a psychological thing, but I'm curious if anyone else has a brand preference when it comes to pump gas, and why?

Shell

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,008 Posts

I used 91 for a while, then went to 95 as i noticed savings were next to nothing...

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
91/93 no ethanol from either Shell or Kwik Trip (midwest gas station company)

·
Registered
236 Posts
I put 91 from any brand. I'm not sure if that does any damage. I rarely see a station with 93 or higher here.

·
Registered
163 Posts
87 that's all is needed....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Chevron 91. california here too. thats as good as it gets here lol

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
93 octane. And usually once a year I'll throw in 100 octane... heard it cleans the engine alittle but maybe that's a myth.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Yep, its a myth, improved performance, cleaner combustion, higher fuel efficiency, better mpg, etc... all myths if the gas is to spec and its just a waste of money. Octane number is just a reference to how the that gas reacts to compression in comparison to two pure hydrocarbons with very different stabilities..and its merely to protect the engine from knock... If the engine wont knock at 87, then any higher is a waste...unless of course your mods affect max pressure & temp @ end of compression strokes.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
05-06 for sure (maybe 03-04 too) says 86 octane or higher in the owners manual
Oops my bad... 07 manual says 91 i think, i run 95 since we dont have anything between 91 and 95. I ran 91 for a while, then switched to 95 due to less queues and less stations having 91, but 95 is a given everywhere..nd the priced difference is about 0.30 USD per tank...

·
Registered
163 Posts
I, once read on the RC51 rouge site about what fuel to put on, unless you have done engine work is a waste to put on 91 or higher octane. 87 octane make slightly more power on a stock engine.

That's all I have put on all my bikes; previous or current, never had a problem.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
91 octane only.
Chevron, Mobile, or Shell

·
Registered
165 Posts
Do CBRs have knock sensors?

1 - 20 of 96 Posts