Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding home after work tonight on our last good day until about next week and as Im riding along I feel something SMACK! my jacket and splatter onto my helmet, I dont know what the hell it was but then I notice a Hornet. The thing was clinging to my helmet ( I figured from the force of the wind ). SO I reach up to pick him off my helmet and I discover that I cant touch it from the outside of my helmet b/c he is on the INSIDE!!! I was then like OOOHHHH $HIT. He was still moving around but stuck in the vents on the inside for air circulation. I could not stop staring at him b/c I was expecting him to crawl off the vents and sting me in the face. Realizing I was going to eventually crash from looking down all the time I decided to pull over and take my helmet off. I got him to fall out of my helmet so I then contiuned on my way. Anything strange like that happen to anyone else?

BTW: My face shield was down when this happend. I have no idea how he got stuck on the inside of my helmet.

·
Registered
311 Posts
got a fish fly stuck in my helmet by my ear it was wiggling around... had to stop and get it out.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was on the backroads following a chicken truck and I stupidly opened my visor to get some fresh air when all of the sudden a chicken feather got caught in my helmet. Who knew?

Oh and once I hit a lightning bug and it made glowing goo on my faceshield. It was kinda kool, but kinda distracting at the same time.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
One time I was riding with a pack in the mountains and a big ass bug splattered all over my visor. I couldnt see sh*t, so I tried to wipe it off with my gloves, but that just smeared it. I was in the very back so I couldnt let anyone know to pull over. Another time I was on the freeway and somehow a bug came through my vent and hit me in the eye doing about 85. Again I was in the back and again I couldnt let anyone know to pull over, so I rode with one eye closed.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I've had sneezing attacks inside my helmets. Those are always fun, especially when a booger flies out onto the inside of your visor. I've had bugs inside the helmet, it seems always when I'm on a good back roads ride or with a group, so at the most inoppurtune times.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i have bad luck with dragonflys, once it got stuck between my face and cheekpad and i felt it wiggling and trying to flap/buzz its wings...... also one time while racing motocross on the face of a jump a dragon fly smacked into my mouth vent and splattered all over my face and in my mouth a little, next thing i knew i was in the air with guts in my mouth.. that was gross

·
Registered
200 Posts
i dont know how those bugs get through those little vents. A hornet got in mine last summer. There I was riding down the highway, freaking out, so I lifted up the visor, turned head to the side and it flew out. Almost pissed my pants.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I've had a wasp get stuck inside, flew in when I had my visor open, hit me in the face and got stuck next to my ear, when I stopped the wasp was dazed still, always get rocks n other crap , hav eto ride with one eye till it clears again.. sucks.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
never got anything in the helmet. did get hit in right beneath the visor with a big a$$ rock though. i saw it coming too. good thing it didnt hit me in the collarbone, hit so hard it disoriented me a little.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
a bumble bee.
i hit that thing doing about 80mph, and it rocked my head back, and left lots and lots of juice all over my visor.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I rode my YZ250 for awhile last night - I keep my dirt helmet in the garage with the bike. I put the helmet on and a spider crawled across the side of my face. It took about .01 seconds to get the helmet off and get rid of it. One of those spiders that looks like a tarantula, but is smaller than a dime.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Outside the helmet... bird sh*t (dead center on the visor), rocks, bugs....

Inside the helmet... bugs up my nose and in my eyes and one in my ear, cottonwood

·
Registered
176 Posts
Warp_Speed said:
I was riding home after work tonight on our last good day until about next week and as Im riding along I feel something SMACK! my jacket and splatter onto my helmet, I dont know what the hell it was but then I notice a Hornet. The thing was clinging to my helmet ( I figured from the force of the wind ). SO I reach up to pick him off my helmet and I discover that I cant touch it from the outside of my helmet b/c he is on the INSIDE!!! I was then like OOOHHHH $HIT. He was still moving around but stuck in the vents on the inside for air circulation. I could not stop staring at him b/c I was expecting him to crawl off the vents and sting me in the face. Realizing I was going to eventually crash from looking down all the time I decided to pull over and take my helmet off. I got him to fall out of my helmet so I then contiuned on my way. Anything strange like that happen to anyone else?

BTW: My face shield was down when this happend. I have no idea how he got stuck on the inside of my helmet.
Similar to your story I was in FL at the time. I had rented a set of harleys because no one would rent sport bikes. Got a full shield helmet and went on my merry way. Riding on some roads going to the beach I was doing about 40 and all of a sudden a bug flew in my helmet shield closed as well. No problem until I noticed it was a bee. I started bugging out and had to pull over, last thing I wanted was my eye stung. The girls in the car behind me and my other friend on the other bike thought it was pretty funny. I did not. hope those bastards get a bee in their helmet once!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had a bee hit me in the chest, then the little bastard crawled all the way up into the inside of my helmet. Felt something fuzzy on my lip so I dry spat it out and it was a freaking bee. Slowed down and turned my head then opened visor and he flew out without stinging me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts