Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You cant deny it! Some of those Knock-off Chinese made parts are quite useful. I remember when I was turboing my car, those Chinachargers and Knock off BOVs were the best thing since sliced bread!

Id like to see some CRG / Pazzo type levers made available personally.

what about you?!?!

D

·
0 Posts
Only cheap knock-off I would trust would be, well...ah, what the hell. I value my life too much.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
They already do the fairings for dirt cheap and that stuff is great. Integrated LED mirrors maybe?

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
i think the only chineese part i have is my vortex gas cap clone.
there arent many things i would buy chineese for my bike.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Depends - there's some crappy stuff out there. On the other hand, I love my CRG levers, but you can't help but think "why are these nearly 1000% more than normal levers?"

D

·
0 Posts
Depends - there's some crappy stuff out there. On the other hand, I love my CRG levers, but you can't help but think "why are these nearly 1000% more than normal levers?"
It costs so much more to mill levers then cast them. More material needs to be bought, it takes more time, and uses a crap load more tooling, plus produces more scrap that can only be sold for about 1% of the cost to buy it.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
It costs so much more to mill levers then cast them. More material needs to be bought, it takes more time, and uses a crap load more tooling, plus produces more scrap that can only be sold for about 1% of the cost to buy it.
Well then I feel a lot better about my levers. :toothy4:

·
Registered
8,212 Posts
Crap. Forgot about CNC programmers to. Sad, I used to be one. Programmers drive up the price big time.
Yep....worked in a machine shop for many year's operating CNC mill's. The guy that my boss used was not cheap, but he was a bad ass programer.

D

·
0 Posts
Yep....worked in a machine shop for many year's operating CNC mill's. The guy that my boss used was not cheap, but he was a bad ass programer.
Probably made around $80/hour too. $100+/hour if he hand wrote the g-code (my biggest downfall).

·
Registered
73 Posts
You cant deny it! Some of those Knock-off Chinese made parts are quite useful. I remember when I was turboing my car, those Chinachargers and Knock off BOVs were the best thing since sliced bread!

Id like to see some CRG / Pazzo type levers made available personally.

what about you?!?!
damn, hate to say it, but some nice rearsets! come on, wtf are they like $350.00..:all_cohol Sorry, but I'm a "Made in China" junkie.. My garage is Harbor Freight!!! j/k

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
it would be nice to see some stacks and other things , wade well, but cheap!
anything non crucile

D

·
0 Posts
Yeah i wouldnt buy any knock off thats crucial for the bike, like rotors, pads, tires etc etc..

but levers, case covers, fairings, rearsets etc etc... I wouldnt mind seeing some nice generic chinese versions poppin up!
Levers and case covers are not crucial parts?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts