7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Silver or Black Gas Cap?

Thanks.

Jason

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I'd have to see the rest of the bike. Just from those pics tho I might even have to say silver... but it depends on the rest of the bike IMO

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Silver. But if it was my bike I probably wouldn't have installed those grips.

Sorry.

·
Sweeper Warrior
1,442 Posts
the cap should match levers (IMO). T.K.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Silver. But if it was my bike I probably wouldn't have installed those grips.

Sorry.
Yeah my other friend said that the other day. I guess they do look a little $hitty.

Any recommendation on the grips?

Jason

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd have to see the rest of the bike. Just from those pics tho I might even have to say silver... but it depends on the rest of the bike IMO
Here ya go...

Keep in mind this. The rear pegs are now black and I am in the process of having the following powder coated as well... Swingarm and Case Covers

Jason

...oh yeah, the push rod is also black now too.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
by the time you get the powdercoating done, I would say you should try to take the honda wings off the tank, and if you did that then I would vote black.
until then, i would say silver

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
by the time you get the powdercoating done, I would say you should try to take the honda wings off the tank, and if you did that then I would vote black.
until then, i would say silver
I did take those "CBR" stickers off already, forgot about that but the Honda wing decals are still on there.

Jason

·
Registered
333 Posts
silver :01_thumbu

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I did take those "CBR" stickers off already, forgot about that but the Honda wing decals are still on there.

Jason
If you leave them on, then go with a silver gas cap. But if you take the wings off or swap them for some black ones, then I'd go with a black cap. The 2 will clash if you don't address both of them IMO

·
Registered
131 Posts
the silver goes better because your graphics are still silver..............just my .02

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Two more pix.

Jason

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
I know our bikes are different colors, but I prefer the black. I also have the silver graphics, but the black brings out lots of the other trim and such, so in my humble opinion, black.

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Your bike looks nice but please keep in mind here guys when voting, we are talking about my bike and not black caps in general.

Jason

·
Registered
137 Posts
Silver cap until the graphics are gone. Some renthal soft compounds will match your cap real nicely. I've got medium compunds and love them. I bought them for the feel but they look really clean as well. But like I said, Stock cap until you don't have anymore silver, then black will look more natural.

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Honestly the black is growing on me and I kinda like it with the silver screws.

It's a really tough call though, that's way I asking for your help.

So vote!

Jason =]

1 - 20 of 54 Posts