Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question was posted on SBN and received some decent responses. I am just curious as to what attributes do you think contribute to someone being known as a "good" rider.

Here is my answer: Having good restraint on the streets and kicking ass on the track. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
12 Posts
A "good" rider is someone that keeps the balance between (1) enjoying the bliss of riding a motorcycle and (2) maintains "constant awareness" about safety (safety = motorcycle maintenance, protective clothing equipment, and consideration to the traffic regulations). :neutral:

·
Registered
334 Posts
I think it's hard to define all the attributes of a "good" rider but here are some that I would identify with a good rider:

- knows and understands the limits of their abilities and rides under them.

- is aware of their riding environment and tries to ride defensively.

- always tries to improve their skills on a track, so that they can have better understanding and control of their machine.

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
a good rider is one who is safe on the road, has safety and cares about other riders, and rides withint their own abilities and their own limits.

doesnt matter if you are fast or slow or whatever, as long as you ride within your own abilities and limits.

·
Registered
419 Posts
a good rider is someone who obeys the traffic laws when on the street who drives safe and smart at all times on the sterrt or track and shares the road with all vehicles

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
A good rider should be able to do wheelies, stoppies, and should have a CBR 600RR. If he doesn't have a 600RR he is not a good rider. :bounce:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
kenezzite said:
A good rider should be able to do wheelies, stoppies, and should have a CBR 600RR. If he doesn't have a 600RR he is not a good rider. :bounce:
thats sums it up :D

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
...someone who is smooth,

...who knows their limits,

...who respects the danger,

...who rides for the shear joy of it,

...who doesn't strive for credit or attention,

...who doesn't listen to their ego,

...who knows they can improve,

...who is always looking to improve,

...who is always looking to ride.

·
Registered
351 Posts
good can mean, skilled in the areas of racing and track...
or good can mean aware, smart, etc.

just kinda brings the thought to mind... the best fighter is probably the little guy sitting in the corner not saying an agressive word toward anyone.

C

·
0 Posts
years of unscathed street experience and top 10% track experience..

Kinda like someone with a clean driving record but with many a race wins under his belt..... :lol2:

·
Registered
881 Posts
OlDirtyRobb said:
Someone who can run from the cops :twisted:
I AGREE!!!!

Although I don't think we are really helping, by giving these funny answers. Personally, I think it's being the most alert rider, which allows you to make the best decision/judgement. By making the best decision/judgement, you can decide if you are leaning too hard, going to fast for the surroundings, can you really squeeze between those two cars...etc. By being that way it helps minimize the risk that is out of your control, like the soccer mom talking on the cel phone driving the SUV and doesn't want to look over her shoulder to change lanes...etc.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts