Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of turning the rr into a full time track bike but for now it's pulling double duty. I'm starting to get a decent list of mods, but I'm at a loss for what to do from hear out and in what order. So far I've got

520 conversion
15/45 gearing
speedohealer
braided lines
ebc hh pads
yosh slip on

I've already ordered an penske double clicker and am getting my forks done as soon as I have the money. I'd like to do the following in the coming months, but probably won't be able to afford it all this off season. What would be most important and most noticible, or in other words, what of the following list should be done first, second, third, and so on?

pcIII
race glass
lighter wheels
velocity stacks
full system
air filter
scott's damper

feel free to add anything else I'm forgetting.

G

·
Pazzo or CRG levers would be a good add on
Iron Rotors mayhaps?

As for the Velocity Stacks, you are doing the mod, and not buying the prebuilt ones, right?

I woudn't put a "this goes first" itinerary on race parts, just that they all should be there. However, i would stress that the steering damper is VERY important.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
for the track, your #1 priority should be the damper, all that extra hp stuff really isnt needed untill you get really really really good form and smoothness, My bike is bone stock aside from essentials like damper and sprockets and I smoke 1000's even in Advanced class with NESBA.

Alot of people boost the hp on their 600 before anything else and then depend on that extra hp to be fast. You can be fast without it, trust me :)

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Oh yeah, and its not as fun a list as yours but if your really going to make it a track bike:

Damper
Tires
Tires
Tires... you'll spend lots of money on tires when you get really fast :)

And if your rich unlike me, then you can buy all that other crud just for the hell of it :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
I would say damper first then race glass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts