Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bike is coming up on the 500mi mark and it will be time to change the oil for the first time. are repsol lubricants good? can i take the bike to redline after i change the oil for the first service? or do i still need to take it easy for a little while longer?

thanks, ty

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
I use Mobil but I'm sure Repsol is good too... You can run it to redline now.

Have Fun!

Jason

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
Repsol, the one that hayden guy is using.

·
Registered
533 Posts
i use repsol 10w50 synthetic overall good oil smoothes shifting also. why cant you redline the bike now theres no rpm limit on breakin at least what ive heard ride it like you would normaly ride

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
senecak19 said:
Christmas... this must be the 4,563,353 thread about this.

AMS OIL
$20 says the wheels are off the tracks before the end of this page.

I just got a good deal from my local Cycle Gear. They had Castrol Actevo 10W-40 on sale for $2.99. This is my first time running it but today I had a good ride with no slippage. So I'd give it a premature thumbs up.

I heard another good one from the salesguy. I told him I was running Castrol Syntec car oil and he freaked out. He said that car oil would "foam up in a motorcycle". Then he told me once you switch to full synthetic you can't switch back. I just laughed at him and told him he was full of $h!t!

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
NewRedRider said:
I heard another good one from the salesguy. I told him I was running Castrol Syntec car oil and he freaked out. He said that car oil would "foam up in a motorcycle". Then he told me once you switch to full synthetic you can't switch back. I just laughed at him and told him he was full of $h!t!

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Yeah I am using synthetic but that goes without saying...

Jason

1 - 20 of 46 Posts