Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got this off of my friends site speedzilla.com or rc51.com, same thing mostly.
I was buzzing through the rc-51 threads and thought this was kinda cool.

""""I've got a 749R, a 2002 RC51 and an '05 CBR600RR (I'm not braggin...just trying to give an opinion here for KMF). My favorite bike of all 3....drum roll please....the CBR600RR. It's slightly down on power from the 749R, but compared to a 749S, it'll be about the same. The main difference between the 749R and 600RR...the 600RR is a lot more fun to ride!! It flicks like you wouldn't believe, and is much more comfortable for all around riding (I take all three bikes to the track, and I tend to ride the 600RR the fastest on tighter tracks). The maintenance on the CBR is practically nothing, while the Duc is temperamental, stalls (even after taking it in 3 times now for adjustsments) and the maintenance can certainly buy a lot of track days during the year. I can't wait for my first valve adjustment (about $1200 on the R model). The RC is the pig of the family but has the most grunt (Banzais, PC3, etc., etc.). I don't like the RC on the tight tracks...it's too much work, which takes away some of my fun out there. My bottom line?? Get the '05 CBR600RR...all the money you save can be used for tires and track days. My neighbor has a Repsol CBR1000RR...nice bike...but kinda boring to ride...you're almost too "isolated" from the riding experience. The 600RR is more lively, and it's certainly more flickable in the twisties. I picked up my '05 CBR on CycleTrader with only 800 miles on it (in perfect shape...the guy was getting divorced) for only $7500. I'm ordering Sato rearsets, CRG levers, and an Erion titanium race system. And it'll still be cheaper than a stock 749S! Good luck in your hunt!""""

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2004 749R
2002 RC51
2005 CBR 600RR
Northridge, CA

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
LOL...

Tried to call him out, but he obviously copied that portion :D

Reguardless, good post, fun to read about peoples opinion

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UM no, just the 600rr for now. I'm just a tech geek, can't afford 2 bikes, plus my wife would run me over with her shitty astro van if I did.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
my wife would run me over with her shitty astro van if I did aint that the truth
thanks for the article camel jockey

·
Registered
779 Posts
Camel Jockey said:
UM no, just the 600rr for now. I'm just a tech geek, can't afford 2 bikes, plus my wife would run me over with her shitty astro van if I did.
picture just flashed in front of me when I read it (of her running you over).....funny!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts